CHAPTER XXI: The Monarchy Reigns

The next morning, Loki sent you a note by owl, which he had never done previously. He asked for you to stay at your flat the whole day. That's it. No mention of the night before. 

Did he really think you'd listen to him? He should have known by now that you were not that obedient of a person.

There was no way in hell that you'd comply. Not after he left you alone last night, again. For the umpteenth time. And you knew he was doing something big today, so how could you possibly stay home?

You made your way over to the inside entrance of The Ministry and waited in a dark space, hidden from most people's view. You saw Scrimgeour and Josiah in the foyer waiting for Loki to arrive by floo powder.

Loki arrived shortly, not only with Mr. Powell, but with a group of his death eaters, all unmasked.

"Mr. Powell for The Ministry," Loki offered.

"Excuse me?!" Scrimgeour asked, appalled.

Your mouth fell wide open. This was a bold move.

"I apologize, Rufus, but in order for The Monarchy to reign, The Ministry must end."

Scrimgeour replied, "Don't do this, Mr. Laufeyson."

A group of aurors appeared out of nowhere and joined Scrimgeour to back him up.

"We're not here to hurt anyone. Just give up The Ministry to us and or we will obliterate it," Loki demanded in a snarky tone.

You facepalmed.

"I'm sorry, but we can't do that. The Wizarding World depends on us to maintain peace and protect them from harm," Scrimgeour replied.

"Well, you and all your predecessors didn't do a very fine job. Considering Riddle was still able to create horcruxes and kill a significant portion of your aurors this past decade under your watch," Loki noted, sounding like there was venom in his mouth. It was a drastic change in tone from his conversation yesterday with the minister.

Scrimgeour went silent and nodded.

He slowly raised his wand and pointed it at Loki.

Loki stood still and stared back at him. He mumbled something at the death eaters.

All of a sudden, they began blasting spells at all of the infrastructure. The windows, walls, and ceilings broke, debris being thrown everywhere and crumbling to the floor.

Some wizards began running while others started hurtling spells back at them. Loki and the death eaters were successfully dodging all the spells. You expected nothing less from masters of the dark arts.

In the midst of it all, Alastor Moody was chasing after Mr. Powell to apprehend him. Mr. Powell threw a stunning jinx and it hit Josiah instead. Josiah fell to the ground, unconscious. Giant shards of glass were falling dangerously close to him.

You ran over to him in all of the madness and dragged him to a safe spot. You tried searching for Scrimgeour, but you had trouble locating him.

Since they were all in The Ministry with wizards witnessing everything, neither the aurors or death eaters used illegal curses. The aurors weren't even trying as hard as they could, maybe because they wanted to prevent more deaths. Or they had something planned. You guessed both sides knew better than that. They had to stop themselves from doing anything illegal in order to gain trust from the public.

My Boyfriend is a Death EaterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara