CHAPTER XXII: Nagini vs. Fawkes

tw: brief mentions of blood, sexual content

You were way too ecstatic at his sudden confession. Which is why this would be a thousand times harder, knowing that you had to be the one to trample on your own happiness.

Fortunately, you didn't have much time to dwell on your thoughts. Loki finally got word of one of the horcrux locations. He told you to save your basilisk fang, as he would use his today and yours should be kept safe. You trusted him and left it behind.

You walked into the foyer of The Monarchy to meet him when you noticed something new. It was a statue of him, made of solid gold and planted right in the middle of the courtyard for everyone to see.

Your eyes widened as you looked around it in disbelief.

"What do you think?" Loki asked you, appearing out of nowhere and smiling proudly.

"Uhhh... It's really big," you said, looking up at it.

"That's not the only thing that's big," Loki said, putting his arm around your shoulder.

"Excuse me?" You asked, taking his arm off you in disgust.

"Look over there," Loki said, pointing to an enormous opening into another room. It was a large buffet with grand, spiral staircases and expansive glass windows looking out into London. It was full of several people. Some exiting and even bowing at Loki when they noticed him.

"Oh. I thought you were talking about..." You shrugged it off.

"What?" He asked innocently.

"Never mind. What is all of this?" You asked, taking a step inside to look around more.

"I expanded The Monarchy's amenities. It was much needed."

He was bribing people to stay here, just like the Malfoys. Was this what he was really planning on doing as the dark lord and head of the Monarchy?

You then followed him to his office. He had transformed it into a throne room. The throne was black and gold-plated and at the front and center of the room. He had updated the decor too, there were dark green snake emblems lining all of the walls, along with the furniture.

You didn't say anything. This was absolutely ridiculous to you. This is what he wanted to take Riddle down for? He ruined all those lives for this?

"Doesn't it look great?" He said, prancing around his office happily.

"It does," you fake laughed. "I certainly wasn't expecting anything like this. At all."

At least he seemed happy for once instead of always wallowing in his misery. You were suddenly feeling troubled that you'd be the one to take it all away from him.

He sat down on the throne while you just stood there staring at him.

"Don't we have something to do?" You asked him.

"Oh, dear. I almost forgot," he said. "Apparently, Riddle's pet snake was a horcrux."

"What?! Nagini? Where is it?" You asked.

"The Shrieking Shack. Let's go," he said.

You apparated with him to Hogsmeade and made your way over to the shack. It was snowing heavily, and you couldn't stop shivering. Loki looked unphased.

No one ever visited the shack. Supposedly, it was haunted with evil spirits and demons. It scared Hogwarts students and even the strongest wizards.

You entered into the shack with Loki and saw Nagini immediately. It looked like it was dying. It was laying on the ground motionless.

Loki lowered both of his sleeves and revealed one of his knives and a basilisk fang. "Let's make this quick, shall we?"