CHAPTER X: Tom Riddle

tw: language, suggestive sexual content

"You're sleeping in a different room, right?" you asked Loki, who was sitting in an armchair in the corner of the room, reading a book he had found in the manor. It was now midnight and you had just finished eating some of the food he brought out on the tray.

"No. It's not like I have much of a choice. Malfoy was kind enough to give us a room instead of throwing us into his disgusting, moldy basement," Loki told you, looking dismayed. You two were stuck in the room because there was no apparating in and out of the manor and you didn't have your wands.

"It sounds like you've been in his basement before."

"I have," Loki replied.

That's a story for another time.

"So you'll be sleeping on the armchair, then?" You asked him.

"Y/N. Don't be ridiculous. Why in the world would I sleep in the armchair when there's a king-sized bed right there. There's enough room for both of us," said Loki.

You glared at him.

"Look, I know you don't trust me, Y/N. But even I have some standards. I would never try anything on you while we were sleeping. Nothing that you didn't want, of course." He winked at you.

"Whatever. I don't want anything from you," you said. "Please just stay on your side or I'll choke you again," you told him.

"Don't threaten me with a good time," Loki said, snickering.

Why was it getting hot in here?

You laughed. "You're into some weird shit."

"And you aren't? You fell for a death eater," he said, seriously.

You sighed. He had a point.

You had been attempting to close your eyes and lay down but instead you got back up again. Why was he always trying to push your buttons?

"What makes you think I fell for you?" You asked him. How could he possibly know if you had real feelings for him or not?

"Oh. Darling, did you fall for me? I wasn't talking about me. I was talking about Malfoy," he said to you, acting innocent.

You laughed. "Maybe I should run off to his room then."

His expression changed instantly. "Be honest, Y/N. Do you think he's more handsome than me?"

"What is this? A sleepover in secondary school?" You asked, shaking your head.

"Pretend it is. Tell me your darkest secrets and desires." Loki was smiling at you with a playful look on his face.

You laughed again. "You wouldn't be able to handle my darkest desire," you said, joking.

"Try me," said Loki. There was a hint of something different in his eyes. This was about to go exactly where you didn't want it to, but you couldn't resist playing along. Once again.

"It's you, Loki," you said. But it was more than that. Your deepest desire was for you to be able to trust him wholeheartedly and not constantly doubt where you stood with him.

Loki got up and walked across the room, sitting down next to you. He brushed his hands through your hair. "If we weren't at this wretched place right now..."

"What would you do?" You asked him.

Loki brushed your hair over your ear and whispered, "I wouldn't let you sleep all night," he laughed mischievously.