CHAPTER XI: Hogwarts

tw: language, mild sexual content

You were full-on making out with Loki in the vanishing cabinet now. You lead the kiss, not expecting for him to return your passion, but he did. He held your face gently and his lips were so much softer than you were expecting. The butterflies in your stomach kept growing as the kiss went on. You felt lust, romance, but most importantly, fear and vulnerability. Despite the red flags, you didn't want to stop. And he didn't want to stop either. It was bad. But at least neither of you got splinched.

You finally let go of his face after five or so minutes and tumbled out of the vanishing cabinet into the room of requirement.

Loki put his arm around your shoulder in glee.

"Y/N, always full of surprises," he said, smiling at you.

You took his arm off your shoulder immediately.

"I only did that to distract you because you were acting like a baby and wouldn't close the damn door," you said, shaking your head.

"Of course, darling. But we arrived here the second you closed that door, so why did you keep going? A quick peck would've sufficed to distract my simple male brain," he said.

"UGHHH," you facepalmed.

"What's wrong? Are are you angry with me? Be mad at yourself. It seems like you can't contain yourself whenever you're around me, Y/N," Loki said, grinning.

"Please shut up and help me find that diadem before Riddle KILLS us," you told Loki.

"Yes, madam," Loki bowed to you and you rolled your eyes.

You finally got a good look at the room of requirement. There were piles of artifacts and weird-looking objects everywhere. Some large, some tiny. It was hard to focus on searching for any one thing in a room so overwhelming. What did the diadem look like? Was it in a case? Was it out loose somewhere?

You and Loki were both using the summoning spell while walking around the room with no luck.

Finally, one more chant of the spell later, it was in your hands. It was in a black velvet case. You opened the case to look at the diadem and Loki walked over to stand by you.

"It's beautiful," you said. It was a tiara shaped like a raven with silver diamonds surrounding it and a large, purple-blue gem in its center.

"It is. And to think, Riddle is going to try and put a piece of his nasty soul into it. Such a shame," said Loki, disappointed.

"I still don't understand why Riddle didn't just walk in here with his army of death eaters to take it. Why did we have to do his dirty work for him?" You asked Loki.

"Oh, he hasn't stepped foot on Hogwarts grounds since he went here. There's something stopping him. Someone he's afraid of," Loki said.

"Dumbledore?" You asked.

Loki nodded.

"Oh. I never realized that he was that afraid of him. With all of his control over The Monarchy now and his growing death eater army..." you said.

Loki shrugged. "Dumbledore is the only one that is truly stopping Riddle from taking over The Ministry and The Wizarding World altogether."

You were walking back to the cabinet when Loki stopped you.

"There's something else we need from here," he told you. "A basilisk fang."

"Shit. I completely forgot about that. We don't even know which prophecy Riddle heard. But I guess it couldn't hurt to try and get one," you reasoned.