CHAPTER XX: Quidditch

tw: language, mature sexual content

Loki's idea of work was quite different from yours. It was ordering people around and relaxing all day while everyone else did the work for him.

You were beginning to get restless, but at the same time, you were happier than you wanted to admit. You now had the opportunity to see him every single day, instead of only hearing from him sporadically throughout the month. You had mixed feelings about all of this. Once again.

Loki's death eaters were still searching for clues for other horcruxes. So were the aurors. However, Loki did let you do your own research on Riddle's past and shared everything he knew with you about him. He even gave you your own office like the one you had at The Ministry.

You came into his office one day and he was in the middle of ending a call.

"Hello, darling," he said as you sat down in front of him.

"Hello. What's the plan for today?"

"We will be meeting up with your friends."

"Friends?"

"Scrimgeour and Josiah Jr.," he replied.

Josiah had taken up your post as the new assistant to the Minister of Magic.

"What? Why?" You began feeling a bit anxious, as you knew Loki's plan with them couldn't be anything good. You tried your best to keep your cool.

"I heard that they'll be at the quidditch match tonight. I got us last minute tickets," he explained.

"Let me guess. We're going to bribe them into some sort of arrangement with The Monarchy?"

"Exactly," Loki said.

Ugh. There was no way this was going to go well. Scrimgeour was a tough guy that wanted The Monarchy gone. Him and Loki would clash for sure. There was no way he'd find a way to compromise with him.

"Scrimgeour's favorite teams are playing tonight. Yorkshire versus the Heidelberg Harriers. He'll be in a good mood," Loki added.

Hm. That might be a way. Every man had to have a weakness.

That night, you met with Scrimgeour and Josiah at the entrance of the quidditch pitch in Dartmoor, where you had to climb multiple flights of stairs and then take an elevator up to the top box. Loki had arrived before you. He probably wanted you to warm Scrimgeour and Josiah up for him.

The top box was one of the few areas in the quidditch arena which allowed the best view of the pitch and the players. Only ministers and coaches were allowed in them. Or whoever could afford it.

Loki was wearing something different from his usual attire, a mid-length black trench-coat, a dark green tie, and a white dress-shirt with black pants. It was probably to appear friendlier than he was. Maybe he had noticed Josiah eyeing his all black outfit the other day at the pub.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you," Loki told Scrimgeour, shaking his hand.

Scrimgeour shook his hand back but failed to hide his dismay. He didn't like that you had quit, but also transferred to the enemy. Josiah didn't seem too happy about it either, and you had been reluctant with wanting to completely explain yourself to them.

The entire game, Josiah wouldn't keep his eyes off of you. You were hoping Loki didn't notice. You guessed Josiah was trying to figure out if Loki had forced you to work at The Monarchy or something. Which he basically did. He seemed slightly worried about you. Or, maybe he felt there was something he couldn't quite put his finger on about Loki. Maybe your obliviation spell on him wasn't as effective as you thought it'd be.