"It's ok. It's just never much fun being the new girl," she admitted, trying her best to ignore the devilish looks she was receiving from a group of girls.

"I wouldn't worry. I'm sure you'll make plenty of friends in no time," he reassured her. She really hoped that was the case. In her last school she had grown up with most of the kids in her school. Every year she at least knew half of them so it was easy, but now....she didn't know anybody except Scott.

"Plus you've got Scott and now you know me, i'm always around," he smiled, giving her a small wink that made her blush a little.

"You know, you're the first person that's actually been nice to me since I've been here; especially the girls, they don't seem to like me very much," she told him, remembering the group of girls they had just passed and how they were looking at her.

 "Yeah, you're gonna get that," Liam chuckled. "I am?" she asked warily.

"Well see, when there's a new girl around here, you're automatically on every guy's radar," he explained.

She looked at him questionably as he continued. "See first they'll check you out, then a few of them will ask you out and you will probably hear some of the cheesiest pick up lines that will no doubt scar you for life," he carried on, making her laugh. "And of course the girls are not gonna be happy that you're getting all the attention that  they usually get."

"Wow, I can't believe schools like this really exist, no offence."

"None taken," he grinned amusingly.

"Nothing like this has ever happened to me before!" Finding the whole thing completely bizarre. Where she came from there were no cliques and everybody was always so welcoming. Whereas here, she felt lucky her head was still attached to her body.

"Really? I would think you could have your pick of guys," he smiled suggestively, making her blush for the second time in a row that day.

"Here we are, room twelve," stopping just outside of the door. Bella glanced up at him and smiled, relieved that she wouldn't be late for her first lesson.

"I'm Liam by the way," reaching his hand out for her to shake. She hesitated for a moment but then gradually reached out and shook his hand before the sound of the bell rang.

"Well I should go," he said, letting go of her hand.
"Me too and thanks," she smiled, oddly missing the touch of his skin.

"Sure, so i'll see you around?" he asked.
"Yeah," she nodded.
"Ok," he smiled. "Oh and don't worry, things will get better," he assured her, lightly squeezing her arm before walking away.

Bella stood there and smiled to herself as she watched him; it was almost like hearing him say those words made it seem true somehow, but she knew it would take a lot more then a charming grin and some sweet words to make everything ok, no matter how gorgeous he might be.

"Excuse me!" she heard, startling her a little bit.Looking to her left, she found a tall, quite handsome man in a trench coat staring down at her.

"Are you taking this class?" he asked, pointing towards the classroom.
"Yes," she replied dryly until she realised that she was standing directly in front of the door. "Oh, I'm sorry."

"No problem," he chuckled, giving her a gentle smile. She moved aside to let him through and slowly followed behind him.

"I take it you're Bella."
"That's me."

"I'm Mr Collins, your English teacher, welcome to Stamford High School," he said cheerfully while sitting down at his desk. "Thanks," she smiled, hoping all of her teachers were this nice.