He smiles cheekily having convinced me when I slide my feet into my white sneakers and we leave.

"Now tell me what exactly happened?'' he says turning his head towards me as we walk down the lane.

"What do you mean?'' I ask confused.

"You and Steve. What did he do?'' he explains

"Oh.. nothing different from what he does everytime. Insulted my feelings and said i was too much to handle..'' I look down at my feet scraping through the pavement.

"Why do you...let him do that..? I would never''
He turns away and looks far down the street.

"Just emotions.. i guess.. but I told him that I'm never getting back with him ever again. I'm done being played around'' i lift my eyes back on the road.

"Good for you'' he says sternly. I knew he wanted to say something more but he stayed quiet on my account. I didn't like it when he got angry. He was a bit taller than me so i couldn't see his face that well but i figured that he was frustrated.

"Enough about me. Let's talk about you'' i hook my arm around his elbow with a smile to change his mood

"What about me?'' he looks down at me.

"Anything..''

"I don't have anything in mind'' he shrugs

"Oh btw did you talk to the band about the audition?'' i say searching my memory

"Yeah well, they denied straight away'' his voice low. I knew how much he wanted this.

"WHAT! why?'' I ask, mad.

"They said we're not good enough to audition at such a huge platform'' he shakes his head.

"But you guys are pretty good. You should give it a try. Why don't you talk to Paul?'' i insist

"I did. He said that even if they went, they wouldn't take me. I'm inexperienced''

"Bu-''

"We're here. Let's not talk about this right now'' he cuts me off.

I understand he doesn't wanna talk about it so I decide to stay silent.

We stand in our favorite spot. It was a park. Almost half a mile from my place. We came here with our moms when we were kids but we never really grew out of here.

He walks over and perches on the top stair and dusts the spot next to him for me.

I quietly sit down. We see the orange sun getting ready to sleep.

At the back of my mind, I started thinking how much it's affecting him that he can't make it to the audition. He's never been paid much attention to in the band. They don't do justice to him. But whenever I try to talk to him about it he just brushes off saying that he's just happy to be a part of it. It's so wrong that he doesn't see his potential. There's still 4 months left. We've gotta do something about it. I've gotta do something about it

He has to go.

"What are you thinking about?'' he breaks my thoughts

"Oh nothing. Do you want an ice cream?''

"Yes sure. You wait I'll be right back'' getting up, he sprints off.

I sit there quietly analysing ways to help him go to the audition. There's no way he would wanna go as a solo artist.

It's barely been two minutes when he comes back.

"Here'' he hands me the cup and gets down next to me