The truth of the big mistake

Athena woke up the next morning to Morgan's strong arms snuggly wrapped around her waist and his body close pressed up behind hers. 

She couldn't help freezing as she felt his warm hands on her skin, holding her, bringing her closer but not in the way they usually did where it was a need to have her body on his in a sexual way, this was different- they had never 'cuddled' before.

If she was honest, Athena really thought that Morgan was the type of guy to enjoy his own space especially when sharing a bed but there he was with his body wrapped around hers like it was made to be there as he slept deeply.

She couldn't help her body twisting slowly in his arms to face him and looking up at his face; he looked so peaceful, more peaceful than she had ever seen him before- finding herself almost taken aback by his strong features contrasted by his unusually calm expression that she just watched for a while, feeling kind of creepy as he slept soundly but she couldn't help it- she just wanted to look at him without feeling embarrassed of what she was trying to ignore, what had been festering inside her for months every time she looked at him even outside of that very bed.

Her eyes quickly snapped back shut when she heard Morgan's phone ring, feeling his body shift away from hers slowly as he himself woke up and realised how close his subconscious body had gone to hers.

He sat up and searched for his phone by the bed before getting up and starting to leave the room so that he wouldn't wake her up.

"Hey Hotch, everything okay?" He slightly whispered as he pulled the door close, Athena still being able to hear his side of the conversation through the door.

"Uh- yeah, she's in my... on my sofa, she's on my sofa. She got a little too drunk and got into some trouble so I let her crash on my couch- why?" Morgan partly lied to Hotch when he asked where Athena was.

"What? Are you serious?" Morgan asked with concern in his voice at what Hotch responded with which alerted Athena's attention.

"Okay, I'll wake her up and bring her in- does she need to bring anything?" 

"Okay, see you soon" he hung up, walking back into the room and sitting Athena stood at the door as it slowly opened.

"Good morning" he couldn't help smiling at her as she yawned.

"Yo- what was that about?" She rubbed her eyes, head still throbbing from the night before.

"Hotch says he needs to talk to you- how are you doing by the way? Do you want some headache tablets?" He tried to brush past the conversation he had just had with Hotch, letting his concern for her take over.

"Oh okay, I'll just call him on your phone if that's cool" Athena took his phone from him before he could stop her.

"I don't think this is really a phone call conversation-" he tried to say but she had already called the number.

"Heyo boss man- what's up?" Athena spoke down the phone with another yawn, mentally scheduling in a much needed nap later in her day.

"Athena? Hi, are you on your way in?" Hotch asked, his tone different than usual.

"Morgan said you just needed to talk to me so I thought you could just tell me on the phone- saves you going all the way to work on a Saturday."

"I'm already here, I think we should talk about this in person."

"Hotch, what is happening? Why do you sound like that?" She tilted her head suspiciously, looking at Morgan who looked at the floor to avoid her eyes with a sigh.