Masquerade (pt1)

//Hi all! Above is a similar dress to the one described later in the chapter for Athena, enjoy!" 

"Athena! Get down!" Morgan's voice yelled over the bullet that struck her in the chest, the beeper signifying the simulations end mixing with her curses of frustration in response.

"God fucking dammit- why do you keep freaking shooting me man?! Do we have beef or something?!" She yelled at the officer who's paintball pellet had hit her, making the 6 foot man run away with a very real fear. 

"It's a training simulation- he has to try and shoot you, idiot" Morgan sighed before rolling his eyes at her once more, "we'll go again in 5 everybody, do us all a favour and try not to get shot again Athena."

"Listen if I didn't have all this bullshit kit on I would be diving out of the way and looking cool as shit" she followed him, her body being dragged down by the boiler suit of padding, FBI vest and helmet that were all at least 2 sizes too big for her after she showed up half an hour late from over sleeping like usual and that was all that was left.

"This is what you are meant to wear in the field, you are on this team without any training and we have to give you that training as we go and until then you should be wearing this stuff on every mission" Hotch explained as her and Morgan walked out of the simulation set and grabbed a bottle of water, Reid munching on pretzels at the snack table as Athena frowned with crossed arms at Hotch.

"This is bullshit, I've had my own training that's a butt-load better than yours, I bet you don't even know how to pick a lock- plus Reid got shot just as many times as me on his test! Why does he get a free pass from this tortue?"

"The kid doesn't need to pass safety and tactical training because he's not stupid like you" Morgan mocked her before being shot in the chest with her paintball gun, "what the hell?!"

"Wasn't very 'tactical' for you to take off your vest whilst I was still holding my gun, now was it?"

"Hotch!" 

"Both of you cut it out" Hotch ordered as he got the timer ready for the test again, "I'm sending Reid in to do the test with you Athena, maybe you'll do your job properly if you have a partner in there to stop you messing around."

"Y-you're doing what?" Reid gulped, half choking on the pretzel in fear that Athena smiled at.

"Aw don't worry Reid, I'll protect you baby boy."

He followed cautiously, very clearly not believing her whilst Hotch relayed the orders over the speaker.

"Okay! Simulation starts in 10 seconds- save the hostages, secure the building and get out of there- understood?"

"So shoot the hostages, blow up the building and die in a blaze of glory yeah?" Athena yelled back sarcastically before the starting bell rang.

"Okay, let's get this over with-" Reid sighed, going to walk into the simulation but pausing to see  Athena taking off all the kit in the doorway, leaving her in just in a baggy muscle halter neck tank top and workout leggings.

"What are you doing? if a paintball hits you without that on at a close range you could get seriously hurt."

"That's why I have you" she smiled sweetly before holding the gun to his lower back and pushing him in front of her, "my human meat-shield."

"What?!" 

"Relax Spencer, it's just a gun, I promise I'm not that happy to see you" she winked over his shoulder, lifting her gun and shooting the agent who came around the corner before he could shoot Reid, "now quit yapping and check that door for me."