The missing fight

//Finally managed to get out a new chapter lol, sorry it's taken so long. This was a part of a huge chapter that I'm cutting down to be able to get it out quicker but I'm sorry it took so long, kinda in a slump of writing whilst working on 3 new WIPs but more chapters will be out soon :)) thanks for sticking with me gang :))//

"Athena! Get back here!" Morgan ran out of the house half-dressed after reading her note left on the pillow this morning.

"Dude! You're basically naked- we have neighbours!" She couldn't help laughing as she threw her bag into the car, turning and being startled when he was stood right in front of her.

"I don't care how naked I am, I'm not letting you miss the opening of your shop all because you feel some need to help the people who literally screwed you over more times than I can count."

He paused looking down at her smirk.

"Stop smiling at me like that, I'm mad at you."

"I know- it's really hot" she chuckled; he rolled his eyes but couldn't help a hint of an amused smile.

"Dude listen, it's fine- I have a million things to do before opening, I need an extra week anyway so I just pushed it back, it's honestly chill" she shrugged, hiding how upset she was to have to do that as she walked back into the house with him following.

"Then you should push it back and spend the week doing that with me helping you instead of dropping everything for the BAU. You could have at least told me last night before you made the decision instead of waiting until now" he tried to argue, she turned and looked up at him without amusement to her face.

"And when were you going to tell me you quit without talking to me about it then?" She crossed her arms, he paused and sighed.

"I didn't want to make you upset."

"Wow- I didn't realise you didn't want to make me upset, that makes it all okay then" she mocked sarcastically, passing him a slice of toast and grabbing her own.

"Athena, listen I-"

"Dude it's fine" she sighed, "it is what it is. I can't let you quit because of me, and you can't be okay with me doing this, we're both ridiculously stubborn- I just always win the stubbornness competitions so get over it buddy."

She walked over and took his hand with a soft smile.

"But I've said that I'd do it now and I have to follow through or I'll be a bit of a dick- plus they'll fire you and put me in prison if I don't so..."

"When did you get so responsible?" He teased which made her burst into laughter.

"I've never been more insulted in my life."

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around her, kissing the top of her head.

"You're getting toast crumbs on my dress" she laughed but kept in the embrace before pulling away and laughing up at him.

"You should probably get dressed, our neighbours just saw you in your underwear and as into you going to work naked as I am, I don't think it's exactly in the dress code."

Morgan looked down at his almost completely naked body that was just wearing his boxers and chuckled.

"Wait- did you say the neighbours were outside? So they saw me like this? That's embarrassing."

"I say lucky them" she winked, turning and pouring his coffee for him as he went to get changed but he wrapped his arms around her from behind first.

"I love you, you're incredibly stupid and stubborn- but I love you" he whispered in her ear in a way that made her close her eyes and smile with a slight blush.