Masquerade (pt2)

The oddly comforting smell of damp wood and blood awoke Athena's throbbing head on the cabin floor, flashes of dirt ground and a bloodied rock intercepting her vision of the moss infected log ceiling.

"Son of a- " she mumbled in pain as she tried to sit up in the spinning room, a deeply concerned husky voice shooting through her ears like an arrow who's target had finale awoke.

"Athena!" 

Morgan's hands clasped around her waist as gently as they could, the warmth seeping through her silk dress as he helped her stand, brushing her blood soaked hair out of her face to check her pupils for a concussion- of which she most certainly had.

"W-what happened? Where are we?" She stumbled into his arms against her will, pushing herself away from his warmth despite her body's confusing want to stay there.

"I have no idea, some cabin in the woods I think- are you okay? You've been unconscious a while and-" Morgan responded, unable to help his concerned eyes raking over her to make sure she wasn't too injured as she scanned the room where three other people sat terrified with various wounds, presumably from being captured too.

"What the hell is happening?" A woman in a waitressing uniform cried as Athena pieced what happened quicker than anyone would have thought for a woman bludgeoned in the head less than an hour prior.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" She turned sharply to Morgan with a frustrated sigh, "you got us taken as a part of the 5 victims? Nice going, idiot."

"Me? I didn't do anything!" He defended, kicking himself for ever being concerned for her wellbeing and doubting that she wouldn't act exactly like herself in the worst way possible.

"You got taken dumbass! Now some old white guy is going to kill us and it's your stupid bald fault!"

"What?!" The woman in a waitstaff uniform sobbing in the corner yelped, overhearing the conversation that they made no effort to hide.

"Shut up Athena" Morgan hushed her, shaking his head at her insensitivity.

"Uh- I mean, they probably won't kill all of us, they might just mutilate some of us?" Athena tried to comfort in her own way to no avail.

"What is happening? W-what are they going to do to us?" The other waiting staff member with a similarly bleeding head by the window asked.

"Well I'm not waiting around to find out" the larger man in a tux, presumably a guest, spoke boldy before picking up a chair and throwing it at the window.

"Don't do that" Athena rolled her eyes as it bounced back just as she predicted.

"I'm not just going to wait around to be killed!"

"Do you really think they'd leave us in here with breakable windows, idiot?" 

"Athena" Morgan rolled his eyes at her attitude.

"Don't 'Athena' me- it's your fault I'm here" she pushed past him to the door, swallowing the sickness that rose in her throat as the room spun.

"It's locked" he pointed out with folded arms.

"No shit sherlock" Athena mocked as she searched for a lock to pick, "does anyone have a hair pin?"

The now hyperventilating woman with snot streaming down her face shook her head, the two men pointing to their various level of balding heads as Morgan rolled his eyes at her.

"Well that's fucking great" Athena sighed, giving up and going to look around the cabin she assumed was for hunting based on the animal heads sprawled on the wall above the locked glass cabinet full of display guns.