Chapter 28

Kimberly's POV

"We told you not to hang around them people and look now she done broke something special to you." Mom says "Mom I don't really want to hear this right now." I say "Fine you still don't wanna hear that we were right." She says before leaving out of the room "Kim can we go to the protest?" Kiara asked "Yeah come on," I say as I put on my shoes.

"Didn't think you were coming" London says "Kiara wanted to come and this is the change my sister wants I would've came." I say "And we got signs this time," Alyssa says as she passes us one "Hey guys," Kayla says and we wave. "Kayla, are you coming to my house after my dad is out of town and my mom is at work?" Alyssa asked and she nods then I see Mary so I go to them "Boo" I say and Michelle jump before hugging me.

"This is good work Kimberly," Mary says and I smile "It feels good to have everyone here together," I say and she nods. "I'm going to go get some water," I say and they nod and I get us all water and snacks. When I walked out people were running everywhere I grabbed Michelle and Mackenzie before they were sprayed with pepper spray. "Michelle are you okay?" I asked her and she nods

"Stay here," I tell her "Where are you going?" Mackenzie asked, I forgot she was there. I looked at her before leaving and went to one of the cops on the side "Excuse me why are y'all pepper-spraying them it's a peaceful protest?" I asked "They take orders from me," she says "There's little kids here imagine if that was one of your kids." I tell them and they stop and look at me.

"We're trying to make a difference so your kids and everybody else's kids can grow up in a better world. Look at this, this is the reason why our world is so messed up now. We shouldn't be separated by stuff we believe in and then hate another community just because they're different than us. These kids should not be growing up like this they're kids they're going to make a lot of friends and guess what?

We're all human no matter what. If you agree with me please put your sprays down and take a knee because violence is the last thing we want." I say as I looked at everyone as I took a knee, all the protesters took a knee. I look back at cops the lady cop I was talking to dropped her stuff and took a knee with the rest following.

"Thank you," I tell them "You know there's more than to protests?" One cop asked "We're working on it," I say "Good luck kid." The lady cop says before they got in their cars and drove away. "You did it," London says as she runs and hugs me "This is only the start of it." I say "Look this is people from all around the country doing protest." Elliot says

"Look at you inspiring people" Alyssa teased "Not just me everyone." I say "Now we gotta write to the higher up," Mateo says, today they gave us a day off of school because they were going to have a teacher meeting or whatever. "Y'all wanna go out for lunch?" London asked, everyone else said yes I didn't say anything.

"What about you Kim?" London asked "I don't know I'm not really hungry," I say and London told them to start walking. "Kim why are lying?" She asked "I'm not," I say "You have to be your barely eating and you lost some weight that now your cheerleader uniform is lose on you." She says "So my diet is working," I say "Starving yourself is not a diet, and whatever happened between you and Mackenzie y'all need to do something about it because it's affecting both of you." She says

"And I'm tired L I've been having weird nightmares about someone in the shadows and I can only sleep during the day." I say "Ok go home and get some rest I'll bring Kiara home with some food for you." She says hugging me before I started walking home.

While walking home someone was definitely watching me and this was more intense than when dad's men are watching me. I looked back and saw a car behind me so I started walking faster and when I turned the corner a whole bunch of people was on the sidewalk which eased my nerves and made the car drive away.

When I walked into the house dad was sleep on the couch I took off my shoes and coat and sat next to him and laid my head on his shoulder. He jumped but then calmed down when he saw me "Where's your sister?" He asked "She went out to lunch with Alyssa and London," I say "You didn't want to go?" He asked "No I'm not hungry," I say before I fall asleep on him and he weirdly smells like outside.

"Kim" I hear so I opened my eyes about to snap on the person waking me from my sleep but it's Alyssa. "We brought you food," London says, I'm in my room now. "Thank you," I say as I sit up "And we know why you didn't want to come," Alyssa says "Because I was tired," I say "No because Mackenzie was there." London whispered, "I could care less if she was there or not." I say

"You know you miss her," London says "I hate her," I say "Okay now move over." They say so I move to the middle and they get in on the sides and we watched Disney movies. In the middle of it, Michelle sent a picture of me, her, and Mackenzie I texted her back that she looks cute. I do miss Mackenzie but she knows what she did.