Chapter 9

Kimberly's POV

"Mom is it too inappropriate to wear this?" I asked "No but put on some sweatpants and a sweater until you get to the school I have to go." She says before leaving "You guys look so cute" Kylie says "Yeah just stay away from them freaks and boys." Dad says kissing our heads "And Kylie have a good day at school too." He says before he leaves.

"Kimberly remember everything I taught you about our bank account and when you two come home from school I hid a present in your room." She says and we nod before we leave.

"Oh my gosh look at us we gotta take a picture with Kylie before she leaves," Alyssa says so we went and took a picture with Kylie. "Kiara where's Mateo we have to get a picture of you two," I say then I see him and I take a picture. "You're happy," Mackenzie says "Yeah because there are no flaws," I say as her eyes track me up and down which I smirked to.

"Hey, Kim" "Dylan get away from me please," I say then London drags him away "Thank you," I say as we start walking to class and she nods. "You should end things with him." Alyssa says "I will" "How about now?" Kayla asked "You in my business?" I asked, "Are you actually trying to be nice?" She asked "Get your girlfriend" I whispered to Alyssa and she turned red then playfully hit me.

"By me talking to you is me being nice." I say "It's a curse," Mackenzie says jokingly "It is Halloween and I've seen some scary things when I walked in this building." I joked

Now I'm doing my work when Kiara bust into the room, she looks around then ran to me and started crying. "What happened?" I asked "Kylie," she says then she shows me her phone "19-year-old, Kylie Graham found dead within the LGBTQ plus territory." London reads as tears roll down my cheek "Kim?" Alyssa asked "Ally we have to go," I say then me and my sister leave.

We go home, lay in Kylie's bed, and cry. "This is why we tell you to stay away from them people." "Dad they won't do anything that risky." I say "They took Kylie from us, Kimberly!" He yells "Dad just go please" Kiara pleaded and he leaves.

"I can't believe she's gone," Kiara says "Me either," I say as I hug Kylie's pillow "I remember this picture we all celebrated our birthdays together and she dipped our faces in the rest of the cake." I say and we laughed sadly "Or this one when she was sick and we played doctor." Kiara says "Yeah and then we ended up getting sick the next day." I say and we heard a quiet laugh.

"Hi Mom," we say quietly and she hugged us and we just laid there quietly until me and Kiara fell asleep. "Kim wake up" I opened my eyes and saw Kiara "You promised Michelle you'll take her trick or treating." She says "Oh shoot," I say getting up and going to fix my makeup and hair.

"Kiara, are you coming?" I asked her "Yeah I guess," she says so we leave "Hi Michelle," I say as I pick her up "Hi Kim and Kiara," she says "Your such a pretty princess," I say "Thank you and we're going to get a lot of candy." She says "Well we better start before it's all gone." Kiara says as she takes Michelle and goes outside "I heard about your sister and I'm sorry for your loss." Mary says.

"Thank you it'll just be hard without her moving forward." I say and she hugs me "You can always talk to me if you want." She says and I nod before we start trick or treating. "How are you holding up?" Alyssa asked, "Fine Michelle is really taking my mind off the situation." I say and they nod

"Well we went outside town a little and we got family-size candies." London says as they give us some "Can we go in the hunted house?" Michelle asked, "Are you sure you're not going to be scared?" I asked "This princess don't get scared," she says "Okay sorry," I say then her and Kiara go inside with Alyssa and London.

"You ain't going to go in?" Kayla asked "No I don't need to start breaking down in front of Michelle," I say "She's in there?" Mackenzie asked and I nod so they go inside. "How was it?" I asked Michelle.

"I wasn't even scared," she says "No prince needed," Alyssa says and she nods then just continued trick or treating together and we were walking until we got to the spot they found Kylie. I stared at the spot for a few minutes until Kiara pulled me away.

"You look tired," I say as I pick up Michelle and she laid her head on my shoulder and fell asleep. "I'm going to go take her home," I tell Alyssa and London and they nod. After we took her home we walked home "You know Dad is following us?" Kiara asked "What?" I asked then I looked around and saw his car which drove up beside us "Get in" he says so we did.

Now we're home "Kiara go get ready for bed," I say and she goes upstairs while I sit on the couch "So what happened today didn't register in your head why were you in that part and why were you hanging with them?" He asked, "Hanging with who?" Mom asked "Some gay kids," he says disgustedly.

"You had your sister around them?" She asked getting angry "She's fine and why was you following us?" I asked Dad "Don't question me we told you don't go to that area. Your sister didn't listen and look at her now Dead." He says "How could you just say it like that? It's like you don't care Kylie should've moved out and took us with her." I say before going upstairs to my room and slamming the door closed.