Chapter 16

So this song doesn't directly fit, but I like it and I guess if you stretch it it kinda makes sense.

Like if you switch out "this city" for like Lance's life or his mental health then you kinda get the picture of Kira left Lance when he needed her most and fell into despair with no one there. So Kira, in the context of Lance's life, "let it burn"

Ok I'm gonna shut up now and get on with the chapter

Disclaimer: mentions and descriptions of abuse and dark thoughts

~~~~~~~~~

Lance's POV

"Kira." I say cautiously. It can't be her. It just cant.

"Hello Lancy. It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"No, no your gone. Have have been for years." I frantically try to reason with myself, gripping Sage's sword.

"And who says I didn't disappear to Eladea, huh?" She reply's with a sickly sweet smile. Something's off about her. The way she looks at me. It's almost as if...there's a murderous hunt to her eyes. Her smile is strained and manipulative. She's not the Kira I know.

"It can't be you. You still look...like a kid. You should be...older. Way older. You look exactly how you looked all those years ago. You should have aged, grown, something." I reason.

"Oh come on Lancy. Don't be like that." She says, sticking out her bottom lip in a fake pout and taking a step forward towards me. The Kira I know is sweet and kind and easy going. She's not...this.

I feel my lips twitching, wanting to frown, or smile, I'm not sure which. But I don't let them. I keep my face neutral. Even though I was confused and angry, I don't furrow my eyebrows. I don't let my nose flare or my eyes narrow. An absolutely emotionless face. But I am far from emotionless inside. Inside a stew is being made, bubbling with confusion and anger and desperation. The stew rises up as hot bile in the back of my throat. Soon though, the pressure will build up. Soon, the stew will be ready. And who knows what will happen then.

"Kira" raises her small hand to play with the sleeve of my shirt. She titles her head slightly, smirking. Her eyes glint with a more prominent lust for blood.

"What's wrong Lancy?" She says.

"Stop calling me that." I grit out through clenched teeth, trying everything in my power to not show my anger.

"What? Stop calling you Lancy? But I've always called you this big brother! Since we were little!"

"You're not her." My voice is even more strained as the stew gets hotter. But I keep a straight face still.

"Oh come on! Don't be like that!" She runs a cold hand up and down my forearm, scrunching up her eyebrows and looking up in a pretend innocent look.

When I don't respond to her attempt at manipulating me she turns around and crossed her arms, back facing towards me.

"Do you not love me anymore Lancy? Has that manipulative female dog over there made it so you cant love anyone but her? Is she a pervert? Huh? You don't care about me, do you?" Kira says over her shoulder.