Chapter 33: Go And Get Her Ben.

After Ly'ra's arrest and was waiting to know what the future had in store for her, Galen was ordered to go and meet Rey. The Sith was still completely confused with his sister's words. He couldn't stop thinking that she only said that to piss Palpatine off and that she didn't believe a word she was saying. But even if she was known to be a strong character mercenary, she never was a liar. So, maybe she really did want to try and save him from the Dark Side. 

As he was passing next to the prison she was locked up in, he stopped right away. The door was wide opened. He hesitated, getting ready to go and warn the Knights when a sharp blade was placed just against his throat.

"A word, and you're dead."

He recognized the voice of the Witch who was following his mother everywhere and he frowned.

"What the...?"

But his surprise was even more big when he saw Ly'ra stepping in front of him, out of the shadows.

"You didn't seriously think you could keep me in there?"

"You're gonna be killed Ly'ra. He will..."

The young woman rose her hand in front of her, asking for the silence.

"Only if you tell him Galen... I need your help. We're clearly outnumbered to fight what's outside..."

His surprise left him speechless. How could she seriously think just a second that he would betray his Master and help her and her rebel friends? Her emerald eyes seemed to believe it though. She looked like she wanted to believe him, to trust him to change and amend.

"Please... I know that Dante thought you were lost, but I can feel that you're not. Galen, please... Help me."

*******

As the Resistance appeared above Exegol, Ben noticed quickly Rey's ship, as well as the transport in which Ly'ra arrived, and he started running towards the Temple. But just when he was about to reach it, he had to stop right away in his tracks. Right between him and the entrance, a squad of Sith Troopers behind her, Silri offered a cruel smile to the young man, her maser-whip in her hand.

"Are you going somewhere... My Lord?"

Ben cussed under his breath. Unfortunately, and despite his training, he knew he would lose a precious time by fighting the Queen of the Nightsister, among with very well trained soldiers. He couldn't afford that. Not now. Seeing his hesitation, the Witch's smile grew wilder and she stepped forward, brandishing her whip and as she was about to strike, her weapon suddenly flew away from her hands, falling further from her.

"Hey!"

Ben and Silri turned their heads at the same time and Leïa's son allowed a small smile to appear on his face, relieved. Very slowly, Ly'ra grabbed her saber and activated her purple blade.

"We're not done yet..."

The young Solo glanced at the Queen who was now facing her daughter, her eyes full of hate.

"You... I should have got rid of you years ago!"

"Just like you did with me?"

When Galen appeared next to his sister, Ly'ra turned her green eyes on the Jedi and nodded softly, before throwing him a blaster with a smile.

"Go and get her Ben."

The young man agreed and started running back inside the Temple. But right before he stepped in, he stopped once again and looked back at the two groups, throwing something in the air as well.

"Ly'ra!"

The young pilot looked up at her friend and grabbed her father's lightsaber. They then shared a knowing smile and the Jedi disappeared inside the Temple, far from Ly'ra's eyes. The young woman felt her heart aching, knowing what Ben was about to do, but she knew, deep down, that it was not the last time she would see him.