Chapter 3: Coming Back to Basics.

The Finalizer was only few parsecs away from Coruscant. A couple of days had passed since the end of the Battle of Crait and since then, the new Supreme Leader was isolating himself even more in his own quarters, much to his generals's despair, who didn't understand his latest decisions, including the transfer of Armitage Hux on Batuu. Everyone knew that the two men couldn't stand each other and the growing rumour saying that the ex fiancée of the General was onboard wasn't helping either.

Settled in front of his control panel, Kylo Ren seemed to be deep in thought when suddenly, he felt it. Again. Rey's presence was growing each second until he finally saw her appearing in the middle of his room. The young man quickly stood up and studied her. Her back facing him, he could hear her sighing, she then looked around trying to figure out if she was alone before turning on her heels to face him.

"I thought it was Snoke who created this link?"

The Sith nodded slowly, his eyes fixed onto the young woman, maybe fearing that she might disappear if he was looking anywhere but her few seconds.

"I know... But it doesn't come from me. I guess the Force has other plans for us."

"No. There isn't 'us' Ben. You had the possibility to stop everything and yet, you refused. I tried to give you a chance to come back. Han, your father, also gave you that same chance, but you pushed us both away. You want to destroy us? Fine! But know that we'll fight until the end and it's far from being over!"

Kylo Ren arched a brow and asked, still very calmly.

"Where are you Rey?"

The young woman let out a small laugh and shook her head before looking back at him coldly.

"Do you seriously think that you're gonna force me into giving you informations? You'll know nothing and..."

The way the Jedi suddenly stopped her accusations intrigued the Supreme Leader who studied the young woman, tilting his head. She was looking away and seemed to be embarassed.

"Someone is here with you? Who?"

Kylo tried to focus even more on this connection and tried to recognize the voice of the person with Rey. It was a man. Slowly, he started hearing few words coming from the visitor.

"Is everything okay? I thought I heard you talk..."

Ren saw the young woman shaking her head, trying to silently make this man understand that he should leave the room. Kylo then let out a small laugh, clearly amused by her attempt. And the next second, he saw the man appearing in the vision with Rey. Clearly surprised by this change, the Sith frowned and waited. He saw Poe stepping towards Rey, probably intrigued by the young woman's behaviour.

"You're sure you okay?"

Rey nodded, fixing willingly her friend in his eyes.

"Yep. Perfectly fine!"

The pilot scratched his cheek, clearly not convinced by her answer but he finally nodded.

"Alright... Leïa wanted to see you, I don't know, she said something about your saber..."

"I'm coming!"

But before she could stop the pilot's words, Kylo Ren jumped slightly.

"You found a way to rebuild your saber?"

And, to everyone's surprise, Poe frowned, turned around and discovered, in the middle of the cabin, Kylo Ren. Without thinking, the pilot grabbed his blaster and got ready to shoot, but he was stopped by Rey who, using the Force, took Dameron's weeapon. But that didn't turn his anger down and he stepped dangerously closer to the Supreme Leader.