Chapter 15: Dead are Talking.

"What happened?"

"General? Where's Kaplan?"

"It was an attack..."

"The Resistance?"

Question kept going for hours now. The First Order didn't understand the fiasco that occurred on Ubardia. The mission should have been easy. The Resistance didn't know that the Crimson Dawn had agreed to work for them in exchange of a huge amount of credits. The trap was perfect but after the absence of answer from General Kaplan and his men, worry had started to grow aboard the ship. A squad had been sent on Ubardia and news from the slaughtered had quickly reached the First Order.

Seated in a corner of the main desk of the Finalizer, Ly'ra was listening the panic as it was spreading quickly, a smile hidden behind her hood. Her mission though, had been a complete success. No men, not a single one, sent on the planet had come back and a part of her revenge was now done.

"The Supreme Leader!" 

Suddenly, everyone stood and the young woman looked up as Kylo Ren stepped onto the desk, followed by all the Knights.

"What happened Pryde? I thought you had everything under control?"

The General, red with confusion and shame, started to stutter.

"I-I... My Lord... I don't understand... Everything was p-perfectly planned..."

The Supreme Leader fixed him with cold eyes and, if it was possible, Ly'ra thought that Pryde would have prefered to turn into a mouse droid and disappeared. 

"I asked a question to a General, not a terrified child!"

The young woman turned her green eyes onto the window, trying her best to hide her smile. She heard Pryde clearing his throat, trying to gain his composure.

"My Lord... I don't understand. This operation should have been a success. They shouldn't have been able to escape. There has been... Unexpected."

"Unexpected?"

"They received some help sir, from someone outside. It's the only explanation... We don't have more informations for now, no one came back."

Ly'ra must admit that Ben was playing his role perfectly. Even herself, if she hadn't known his real plan, could have mistaken by his act.

"Well do your job and find out what happened!"

He then turned towards her and the young woman noticed a very slight and discreet smile before he added:

"Princess, my condolences, your father has been killed in the execution of his duties. Now follow me, we need to talk."

Ly'ra nodded silently and obeyed. As they were leaving the main desk, a Lieutenant arrived and rushed towards the General Pryde. When she noticed that the Knights were following as well, she understood that something wasn't right and she decided to stay in her role as well. As Kylo gestured for her to follow him, she stepped inside a meeting room.

"My Lord?"

"I had informations from Batuu."

The young woman stayed silent, waiting for the next part of his discourse.

"Black Spire Outpost received a strange message that will require a verification."

"What kind of message?"

When Ly'ra found her mentor's eyes, she saw Ben and not the Supreme Leader. The news were probably not good at all.

"It seems that it's a message from... Darth Sidious."