Chapter 27: Kijimi.

"You don't have much time Ly'ra. The Knights will be right behind you..."

Ben and his apprentice were crossing quickly the corridors of the Steadfast. The Stormtroopers were moving out of the way and stood at attention as soon as they noticed the strange couple approaching. A part of the young woman could hardly hold back a chuckle. But the sight of the Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, with his mask, and his apprentice with her face half painted in black makeup and a hood, was probably quite scary.

Quickly, they reached Ben's TIE Silencer. The Fighter hadn't moved since the First Order victory on Crait. It was time to change that. Without slowing down, Ly'ra almost jumped onto the ramp when Han's son grabbed her arm. She turned on her heels to face him, frowning and intrigued. With a quick move, he removed his helmet and fixed his eyes in his apprentice's.

"Be careful okay? I have a bad feeling..."

The young woman tilted her head and stepped closer of her mentor, lowering her voice.

"You okay?"

A small smile appeared quickly on her friend's face and he nodded softly.

"That should be a question for you..."

But when he saw the confusion on the young woman's face, Ben shook his head with an amused smile before clearing his throat, and giving her a book, suddenly serious again.

"Keep this with you. It's very important Ly'ra, it contains informations that you'll have to use in a near future."

The deep red cover of the book called the young pilot's curiosity and she looked down at it. It was the Book of the Siths. The very same Ben had given her on Dathomir after her first Test with the Witches.

"I don't understand..."

"Listen to me: keep it preciously. It's very important. And when the time will come, give it to Rey. Together, you'll know how to use it."

He stayed a moment silent, obviously hesitating in adding something else. But he decided against it, knowing the young woman enough to know that she would try and stop him in going any further. Instead, he offered her a sincere smile and let go of her arm, placing his hand on her cheek.

"Thank you for trusting me Ly'ra."

The young woman was about to ask another question, suddenly worried about the look on her friend's face, the way he already seemed deep in his thoughts. But he didn't give her the chance and he removed his hand from her face before putting back his helmet.

"Now go! Hurry and save them..."

The pilot hesitated, took a deep breath while sliding the book in her jacket, and she quickly went aboard the Fighter. Once in the cockpit, she looked up at her mentor who was still fixing her. She suddenly had the feeling that it was the last time she was seeing Ben, and this feeling scared her but she buried it deep inside her heart, focusing on her mission at hand. She turned on the engines of the TIE before taking off and leaving the Steadfast.

*******

Ly'ra didn't need much time to reach Kijimi aboard  the TIE Silencer. But the Knights of Ren were probably already on their way to find Rey and the young woman knew she shouldn't lose more time. As soon as she landed, she jumped out of the Fighter and hurried in the snowy streets of the city. Quickly, she understood that the First Order was already there, having sent troops in reinforcement. Several soldiers were searching the houses and arresting people when they couldn't check their identity. Luckily for her, the sight of Kylo Ren's apprentice, the Princess of Dathomir, was scary enough to give her a free passage. But as she was turning around, she heard the voice of a Stormtrooper: