Chapter 31: Going on Exegol.

It strangely looked like a déjà-vu. Highly escorted by a complete squad of Stormtroopers, Ly'ra was following Galen and the General Allegiant Pryde as they were crossing the Steadfast. The Officers around were glaring at the young woman, obviously reassured to see her under the control of the Last Order. Ben's apprentice couldn't help but rolling her eyes in front of their stupidity. Just few hours ago, these very same Officers were saluting her, shaking in their perfectly polished boots.

When the group arrived in front of her brother's transport, they were welcome by the Knights of Ren and Pryde stepped forward, frowning.

"Where's the Supreme Leader? I thought he was with you?"

Ushar glanced at Ly'ra before turning his head back on the General.

"He disappeared after his fight with the Jedi. No one saw him since."

"Amazing... Thanks Ben for leaving me alone in that mess..."

Actually, the young woman wasn't really mad at him. He knew for a while that the masks were down. He was probably already aware that the First Order's Officers didn't trust him anymore. She was more worried about the reaction of the Emperor Palpatine because obviously he knew the secret behind Kylo Ren's behaviour now.

"Anyway. Escort his apprentice on Exegol. I'm warning the Emperor that you are coming. He wanted to see her."

"It's better and better..."

Ushar nodded quickly and grabbed the young woman's arm before leading her onto the ramp of the transport. Galen watched them before following the move. Pryde left with his militaries and Ly'ra was left alone, surrounded by the Knights and her renegade brother. She wasn't intending to try anything, not with Galen's demonstration just few minutes ago. She was not ready to do anything anyway, not with her wounds, making her grimace with each moves.

The following moment, the transport took off and quickly left the Steadfast. Ly'ra glanced discreetly at her brother and saw him quite focused on the piloting. From what she knew, the journey to Exegol would be really dangerous and probably even chaotic so, even if she wasn't ready to meet Palpatine, she was a bit reassured to see Galen staying focused on the ship instead of playing dumb (something he was quite good at!).

Without having another choice, Ly'ra closed her eyes, leaned her head onto the metallic cabin of the transport and try to "enjoy" the travel as much as she could. Quickly, and quite unwillingly, she fell into a transe, feeling her mind escaping her body. Slowly, a vision came to her. A planet with huge valleys covered with grass, then further, the raging sea. A slight frown appeared on her face when a strange feeling came into her heart. There, just a stone's throw away from the shore, swept away by the wind and the ocean, were the remains of a huge ship. No. It wasn't a ship. These were the remains of the Death Star! And Ben and Rey were there, fighting furiously on the wreck of what used to be the most feared weapon of the Galaxy, few years ago.

Unconsciously, Ly'ra tightened her grip around her saber, that was now next to her brother's, on his belt. If only she could contact them, she could tell Rey that she had no reason to doubt Ben, that he only wanted to help her, that he was on their side. But there was nothing she could do. She watched, helplessly, as the young woman was freeing an explosion of rage, while Ben wasn't truly fighting back. He didn't want to hurt her. The fight lasted for a moment and suddenly, a new feeling invaded Ly'ra. A presence she couldn't have imagined, suddenly appeared in Ben's mind and tried to calm him and help him.

"Leïa..."

Unfortunately, her presence didn't last. The calm and the sweetness of the Princess suddenly disappeared, leaving a deep void, mixed with a terrible pain. The General had used her last strength to contact her son, one last time. Rey, Ben and Ly'ra felt her death at the same time and they all froze. It was just impossible for them that a woman such as Leïa Skywalker could die. She was Ben's mother, Rey's Master and a motherly figure for Ly'ra, just as a friend for many others. She was the symbol of the Rebel Alliance, then of the Resistance. She was the symbol of all the Galaxy. The very reason behind Poe's engagement and the one who convinced Finn to fight with them. The reason for many to keep faith whatever happened. A model, an inspiration, a myth.