Chapter 25: Arrival on Pasaana.

The Falcon had a slight jump when it left  the Lightspeed and Ly'ra grabbed her saber right before it fell from the table, where Poe had left it. She then fixed the weapon correctly on her belt, before grabbing her man's shirt and throwing it at him with a smile.

"Can't you hurry up? We're arriving!"

Still in the bed, the pilot received the shirt on his face and he arched a brow, his eyes fixed on his wife.

"Why so eager to leave?"

The young woman shook her head and turned her back on him. She didn't answer right away, which intrigued Poe. He frowned and, after having put on his trousers, he stood up and stepped closer slowly.

"Hey... You okay?"

"It's just... Back to reality. War... The First Order... Ben. I would have prefered staying longer in our world."

Dameron sighed, moving softly some of Ly'ra's dark curls from her shoulder before wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I know. I do too. But you said it yourself earlier... Some people are unable to look away when something bad happens."

Ly'ra nodded and huddled into her man's embrace before looking back at him.

"You know that I absolutely love your new look by the way? Seriously it's very..."

A slight knock on the door forced them out of their little reverie, and Poe groaned before moving to open it. 3PO then appeared in the frame and seemed slightly taken aback.

"Oh... Erm... Please forgive me Master Poe, but Master Finn asked me to warn you. We will land in just a few moments."

The pilot nodded and turned back towards his now wife. Her face was neutral again and he watched as she was putting back on her red and black leather jacket, almost unwillingly. Then, he saw her looking down at her ring and she hesitated a second before removing it. Poe frowned and stepped closer.

"What are you doing?"

Ly'ra turned on her heels and closed the gap between her and Poe with a small smile.

"I would like you to keep it for me, just the time for all of this to be over, okay?"

As she was saying these words, she had wrapped her arms around his neck and placed back the ring on the chain he was still wearing. She then kissed him and was about to leave the cabin when he grabbed her arm.

"You're going back there, don't you?"

There was no answer needed. They both knew the stakes of her mission and if the First Order saw her coming back after having disappeared several days, wearing a wedding ring, she was sure to be killed within the minute. So, he nodded and let her go before putting on quickly his shirt.

Few minutes later, the Falcon had landed setback from the closest city and the group joined the coordinates found by Rey in Luke's notes. The surprise was even more big as they arrived in the middle of a celebration.

"What is this?"

"It's Aki-Aki festival of the Ancestors!"

Poe and Ly'ra gave an intrigued glance at the protocol droid, who seemed really happy, even if he also seemed shocked by their ignorance.

"The celebration occurs only once every forty-two years!"

"Well that's lucky..."

The young pilot was clearly amused by the annoyed faces of her husband and Finn. As for 3PO, he didn't seem to get the sarcasm in the voice of the former Stormtrooper and he continued: