Chapter 30: Traitors.

" They overpowered the guards and forced me to take them to their ship."

Ly'ra and Hux were on the main deck of the Steadfast, facing the General Pryde. Poe, Finn, Rey and the droids had escaped aboard the Falcon and Ben was still missing since his confront with the young Jedi. Oddly enough, his apprentice didn't seem to have to worry about herself, as when she arrived with Hux, no one tried to arrest them, kill them or even just handcuff them. But she perfectly knew it wouldn't last.

"I see..."

Pryde turned in his heels, nodding slowly. Suddenly suspicious, Ly'ra glanced discreetly at Hux, who was perfectly staying in this role, before turning her eyes back onto the General. Without knowing how, she suddenly knew something bad was about to happen. Something in the Officer's voice made her understand that he didn't believe them.

"Get me the Supreme Leader."

"Yes sir."

Then, there was this second. A simple second that turned everything down. With that second, Ly'ra understood that it was over. They knew. She saw Pryde turning towards the large bay of the Steadfast and, right at this moment, as if he was called by the slight nod from the General Allegiant, Switch appeared from a side corridor. In a way or another, he found a way to escape Ajan Kloss. The mercenary fixed the young woman with a smirk and crossed his arms on his chest.

"Hello, little sister..."

At the same time, Pryde grabbed a blaster and aimed Armitage. Ly'ra only needed an instant to gather her powers and, with a quick move from her wrists, she created a shield, protecting her ex fiancé and deflected the laser.

It was over. The masks were down and the party was over. Another very long second passed. Chilling, silent, during they all glanced at each other suspiciously. Then, Pryde gave his order:

"Arrest the traitors!"

Ly'ra then turned towards Hux.

"Let's go!"

The ex lovers started running away, Armitage firing at the soldiers coming in front of them, running as fast as he could despite his wound, while Ly'ra was covering their escape in his back. They were surely slowed down by the former General's leg and right now, the young woman was cussing Finn to not have shot his arm like he had asked. They did distance the soldiers though and, after having closed an armored door, she blocked it with a move from her wrist.

"You okay?"

"It'll be. Once we'll be far from here!"

Ly'ra nodded and grabbed Hux's arm, helping him to cross the numerous corridors that were between them and the air-shed.

"We're almost there!"

When they finally reached the door, they faced a new squad of Stormtroopers. The soldiers didn't lose time and started shooting. Armitage pushed back the young woman in a corner, saving her from a really precise blaster shot.

"Thanks..."

The young Officer turned his eyes on his ex fiancée and sighed, before nodding.

"We have to leave. Now."

With a move from her wrist, Ly'ra sent the Stormtroopers in the air and across the corridor, then, she opened the shed's door. The young man's transport was in sight but between them and the ship, there was another big obstacle: Switch, aka Galen Erso.

"You didn't think to leave so soon?"

Ly'ra tried everything and stepped between her brother and Armitage.