Chapter 9: First Test.

When the Sun was rising again on Dathomir, Ly'ra was awake for long. Her night had been short and cut by various nightmares, most of them showing her the death of Poe. She was missing the pilot terribly and the pain was even more strong that she didn't know if he was alive or not. Unconsciously, she took her pendant between her fingers, a sad smile appearing on her face, as she remembered the day he offered her the jewel he had made. It felt like years. War was creating tragedies and even if she knew she wasn't its only victim, her anger and her pain weren't less powerful.

"You ready?"

The young woman looked up at the Supreme Leader before looking back down at her weapon. No, she wasn't ready at all. She was scared, her entire body sore and she still didn't know if she would be able to kill annoying in the arena. Ben was fixing her silently, knowing too well what was going on in this head of hers.

"Stand up."

Ly'ra obeyed and looked up at him. She had tied her hair in a half ponytail and only few curls were escaping and falling in front of her green eyes. She gave up her black jacket and left it on her bed, only wearing her red leather bodice, black tight trousers and a pair of boots. He had to admit that she was indeed a beautiful young woman and he was starting to understand the unhealthy obsession that Hux was feeling for her. Softly, he took the sword from her hands and placed it in the scabbard that was tied at her waist. He then crossed his arms on his chest.

"Listen, I know you're not doing this by choice. I'm making you do it. And I never said it would be easy. But we both know that we need to go through this to reach our goal. Hide your fears and your doubts. Hide them deep inside your heart and most important, focus on the fight that is waiting for you."

"It sounds so easy in your mouth."

The young man nodded softly before turning his eyes away, towards the outside of their hut. Slowly, the Sisters were starting to gather in front of the Temple where the Ceremony would start in less than an hour now. Seeing Teneniel who was following the move with others, an idea popped in his mind. With a slight smile, he turned his eyes on Ly'ra, raising a finger in front of her face.

"Stay here, I'll be right back!"

Intrigued, the young pilot frowned and watched as the Sith left the hut to come back only a second later, a little box in his hands.

"What's that?"

Ben gestured her to sit down and when he opened the box, Ly'ra understood that it was black paint. She arched a brow and silently asked more explanations.

"Why do you think I'm wearing a mask?"

Completely lost, the young woman shrugged as he was diving his fingers in the paint.

"It's a camouflage Ly'ra. Ben is hiding behind the mask and becomes..."

"Kylo Ren..."

He nodded, smirking softly as she understood.

"Become someone else and hide your fears behind your own mask."

Ly'ra took a deep breath and closed her eyes as he was starting to put the black paint on her face. All the upper part of her face was covered, from her hair to her nose. Ben let slid his fingers along her cheeks, giving a little dramatic effects to the makeup. When she opened her eyes again, the emerald green of her eyes were even more accentuated and the Supreme Leader nodded softly before standing up, Ly'ra following his move.

"Now, ready?"

The young woman took another deep breath and nodded, following her new mentor out of the hut. Together, they headed towards the Temple where all the Sisters were gathered now. The arrival of this strange couple in the Sanctuary provoked a cold silence, but none of them stood back. Silri was above them, turning her back to the altar. Noticing the presence of her daughter, the Queen smiled and started her discourse.