Chapter 8: A New Guide.

Calm... Peace... Tranquility... Balance... Relaxing... Allowing the Force to invade her...

These were the advices she remembered from her stay on Ahch-To. Settled in a corner of Utapau's cave, seated cross legged, Rey was trying her best to keep her eyes shut and stay focused. But between the conversations of the survivors around her, Poe who kept arguing with everyone and the ungoing roaring of Bango and Cane's computers, the young woman had a lot of troubles emptying her head. After another fight between Dameron and Finn, the Jedi rolled her eyes and stood up, giving up her attempt to meditate.

"This is not possible..."

"Rey?"

Slightly surprised, the young woman turned on her heels and looked up, seeing Leïa who was watching her from above.

"Is something wrong?"

"I'm trying my best to continue Master Skywalker's training, but it's impossible to stay focused here and I don't have enough knowledge to finish what he started to teach me. I can't do it Leïa. It's just..."

"Impossible?"

Rey sighed and shrugged softly, discouraged, before looking down. She knew that the Resistance was counting on her to fight Kylo Ren, but right now, she knew she couldn't do it. The General stayed silent a moment before joining her. Facing the young Jedi, she placed her hands on her shoulders, fixing her eyes in the young woman's.

"This is not impossible. You simply need..."

"A guide."

Leïa nodded softly while Rey was thinking back about Ben's words during their very first fight on Ilum. Now she knew he was right, but Luke was dead and... Suddenly, the young woman frowned seeing the little smile of the Princess.

"Wait... Are you implying...?"

Leïa nodded softly taking a deep breath.

"I have been trained too and by my brother. So I can help you. If you want."

A huge relief and joy invaded Rey who nodded enthousiastically.

"Of course I want! It would be an honor!"

"Good. You'll need to build your saber but first of all, we're going to work on your meditation."

With a wide smile and suddenly slightly intimidated, Rey nodded before seating back down, listening carefully to her new Master's advices.

*******

"I don't understand, you said she would help us?"

Poe was starting to lose all his patience. They arrived on Utapau three days ago and Cane promised them some help from Vi Moradi on Batuu. But here the thing, the young woman wasn't replying to the Cyborg's message, making them believe that her group had been arrested. And the previous day, they simply received a negative answer.

"I know. But if you were listening instead of yelling on everyone like that? Seriously Dameron, you're making me dizzy now!"

"Don't say a thing, he's always like that!"

The pilot glared at Finn who simply shrugged.

"What? Am I lying?"

Cane let out a chuckle before turning his Cyborg's eye on the screen.

"What she is actually saying is that it is not a good idea to welcome more refugees and fighters on Batuu right now. The First Order base just has a new General and thus, the security and surveillance are enhanced. You won't be able to approach Battu without being noticed."