Chapter 23: Getting Things Clear.

Sheltered in Poe's arms, Ly'ra was trying with all her strength to ignore all the glares around them. Her little demonstration made things pretty clear on who she was now, even if it wasn't what she wanted. Obviously, her fake reputation as the Princess of Dathomir had made the job on the Resistants as she could feel the fear around her. Taking a deep breath, she stepped away from her lover and, shaking softly her head, she walked away, heading towards the forest.

"No... No, no Ly'ra wait!"

"Poe... Let her go. She needs a moment alone."

The pilot turned to face Leïa who stepped closer to him. He rubbed his face, trying to more or less understand what just happened in front of him.

An hour ago, he was coming back from his mission, that had been a complete fail. The Falcon didn't endure the Hyperspace skippings and was still on fire. As he was arguing with Rey about what she did with BB8 during her training, she suddenly turned silent, her eyes turned and fixed on the tent where they kept Switch prisoner.

"What?"

"Ly'ra..."

When he had heard his girlfriend's name, he hurried behind the Jedi and what they had discovered made them freeze. The young woman was flying above the ground, suffocating, and Switch was free. Obviously, he was the one using the Force to choke the pilot. Rey then had tried to attack the mercenary, kicking him violently with her stick in his stomach, before trying to block all this moves. A noble gesture that only had slowed him down a little bit. Dameron had then tried to take his girlfriend further, but the anger she was feeling completely invaded her and she had attacked Switch. Poe had never seen the true potential of Ly'ra's powers until now, and when finally the mercenary had been out of the game, he had stepped closer and had taken the young woman in his arms, reassured.

But now that she was gone, Poe was lost. All of this was overwhelming him and he didn't know how to behave anymore. The General stepped closer and softly placed a hand on his shoulder.

"One of her various secrets, right?"

Leïa nodded and lowered her voice.

"Listen to me. All her life has been a long lie. And she is only starting to scratch the surface. She just needs more time. Even if I know someone who is about to have his ass kicked!"

Dameron frowned and glanced at the General, surprised by her words, but she was already gone, gathering her headquarter.

"Are you coming? I need you to make a mission report Commander."

The man nodded, glanced one last time in the direction where Ly'ra left, before heading towards a group of Resistants. He then stopped when he saw that Rey had found the young woman's lightsaber and stepped closer as she was studying it closely.

"She has finished her formation obviously."

When Rey handed him the weapon, he hesitated a moment before taking it. It was the first time he was holding a lightsaber in his hands. He had to admit though that the saber was elegant, quite long and oddly enough, light, but what more intriguing to him was the blade. He shared a glance with the Jedi who stepped aside, understanding what he wanted to do. Taking in a deep breath, Dameron activated the saber and studied as the purple blade was appearing. Since Rey had started her formation with Leïa, Poe had tried to know more about the Jedi culture. It had always been present during his life since he was a child, but now he was deep in the middle of it and it was quite disturbing. He had at least a billion of questions he would have liked to ask but he didn't dare to, his pride taking the path on his curiosity. Dameron and Rey were so fixed on the saber that they jumped slightly when a voice echoed behind them.