Chapter 14 - Split

Start from the beginning

"I'm gonna miss you Nicks" I said with my hands in my track pant pockets rocking on my heels.

"I'm gonna miss you too superstar"

I pulled her into a long hug and didn't wanna let her go. She released me.

"Take care superstar" she kissed me on the cheek and left. As she closed the front door, I could hear the 'click, click' of the cameras that had decided to camp outside the conjunction house since the night before.

I made my way back to the living room where everyone was still seated but paused before I entered the room.

"Lucas is almost as powerful as Nicky. People listen to him" Nina said.

"Prod has landed us in some deep sh*t " I heard Ray say. He was beginning to irk me with his low, slick side comments.

"It wasn't his fault he punched the bitch ass - he was asking for it" Prince said in my defence.

"Yeah but he should have been able to control his anger" Roc said.

"So you're telling me that if some random dude who happened to be your girl's ex, was bad mouthing her, you would stand there and not do sh*t?"

Roc didn't reply.

"Exactly what I thought" prince said sitting down.

"Yeah but it still doesn't make it right he punched the n*gga! Prod's behavior , like I've already said, has landed us in deep sh*t!" Ray shouted.

"Oh my f*cking gosh! Is that all you care about Ray?! The image of the group? We've been a group for almost 13 years and not once have you considered how Prod might feel about all of this" Prince was red in the face from trying to make his point.

"Trust you, the feminine one, to be all sensitive and sh*t! We've spent way too long caring about feelings and not enough time focusing on making the group better - if you ask me, I say we drop the dead weight"

Before Walter could jump in, I burst into the room.

"I'm dead weight? Says the n*gga who hardly does sh*t on any song" I glared at him.

Ray rose from his seat ready to lash out. If he wanted to fight, we could - I didn't care.

"You wanna fight Ray? Lets go! I'm game, I have nothing against roughing a n*gga up!" He lunged forward but Roc quickly stopped him.

"Hey! Stop it!" Keshia shouted.

"Y'all are supposed to be friends!" Kenneth said.

Ray and I stood in a tense filled silence off until I decided to talk.

"What happened to us being boys, brothers?" I asked softly.

"Amigos?" Prince added.

"N*ggas for life?" Roc said.

"Mindless Behavior?" the three of us said together.

Ray just stared at the three of us. Though our eyes were pleading, he showed no remorse what's so ever.

"I don't care about none of that sh*t anymore" and with that, he stormed out of the room.

The rest of us stood in the living room completely stunned at what had just happened.

-----------------------

(Nicky/Nicks) (next day)

I arrived at Heathrow Airport only to be bamboozled by paparazzi which was exactly what I had expected. What I didn't expect however, was a different tune coming from their lips. I understood that gossip was constantly changing but I didn't understand how they had managed to get over "Prodigy's Brawl" which only happened two nights prior until I heard the new song they were singing.

"Did Ray Ray and Prodigy get into a fight?"

"Are you the cause of this rift between Prodigy and Ray Ray?"

"Has Ray Ray decided to go solo?"

"Do you think Ray Ray is stupid for walking out on the group?"

"Nicky! Is it true the band has decided to split up?"

"Nicky! Nicky! Nicky!"

With the help of security, I quickly hurried into the car that was waiting for me.

"Rhymer Publications please" I said to the driver.

~

I rushed straight into the office only to find my researchers tapping furiously at their computer gathering information on what had allegedly happened.

"Lucy?"

"Yes boss?"

"Please get Prod on the phone"

"Right away" she scurried off to do what she was told.

~

"Prod! What the hell is going on?"

"It's true Nicks. The band has split."

-----------

"She like the way I lean!" Happy new year everyone! Comment, vote and add to those amazing reading libraries of yours!

(I told you I'd add it in somewhere Silesia ;D)

@NasyahLoves