XXIII

"Wait, where did you put the sunscreen?" She looks at Harris who started to scratch his red skin.

"In the car. I'll go get it." She halts Hansol.

"No, I will. You stay here with Harris. Don't let him scratch that. I'll be back, I have to buy a few things as well." He nods. She bents down to place a chaste kiss on his lips.

°

Calmly walking around, navigating her way through the woods to locate the car Hansol parked near the village.

"Why did he have to park so far?" She grumbles and kicks a pebble out of her way.

"Yah, Lee Seokmin! Where are you?!" She halts in shock. That sounded like Mingyu-

"Impossible. He's been long dead since 3 years ago- it can't be him. I'm just hearing things." She breathes out shakily. Palming over her chest to calm down her heavy beating heart.

"Seokmin-"

"Mingyu..." She whispers when now they're face to face. He had a look of confusion on his face.

°

She ran towards where she came from, crying. How can that be possible? Mingyu is dead.

"Baby, you're back- why are you crying?" Hansol cradles her when she jumps to his chest and sobs in his neck. Her legs tangled on his waist.

"He- he.." She could barely make out words from sobbing.

"Mommy? Mommy why are you cwying?" Harris walks her to her and caresses her legs. Seungcheol looks at them.

"Alistair. What's wrong?" Seungcheol walks over to them, now Hoshi follows then the other 3 brothers. Hansol walks over to the sand and sits down.

"Mommy..." Harris coos softly, hugging her back, putting his little arms to surround her sides to hug her. Hansol hugs him as well.

They knew she won't tell if she's still crying, so they wait.

°

It's been 10 minutes and she's finally calmed down. She hasn't changed her position in Hansol's embrace, so did Harris who fell asleep leaning on her back. Hansol holds his family dear to his chest.

"Mingyu. I saw him, he is alive." Hansol freezes upon hearing the name.

"Your Knight Mingyu? That Mingyu?" He looks at her. She nods.

"But that can't be. I thought he was stabbed." Jihoon mumbles. Hoshi nods, looking at the peacefully snoring Harris.

"They even got his sword and armor, and it has a sword pierce. How-" Wonwoo readjusts his glasses.

"Are you sure? Maybe you were just seeing things..." Chan looks at her.

"I wouldn't be crying if I was just seeing things. I'm not that shallow. He was looking for a Lee Seokmin, he breathed in my direction, he made an eye contact with me." She rolls her eyes.

"Who is this Lee Seokmin you are speaking of?" Seungcheol caresses Harris' hair.

"I don't know.. I haven't heard of him before. Maybe he's a new found friend of Mingyu here if he stayed here after he 'died'." She makes quotation marks in the air.

"Should I look into this place in secret?" Seungcheol massages his temple.

"No, let them be. At least, I've seen that he's doing good in some way. It's better if we don't cross paths again. I'll only make him miserable. Besides, I have a family now. They need me more." She twists her body to carefully pick Harris up and sets him in between her and Hansol.

Hansol smiles softly to himself.

"Indeed, we need you more." He kisses her forehead.

Who was that? Why is she making my heart hurt? Do I know her? Mingyu thinks to himself looking at them from a view he won't be seen of. She knows me...