VII

"Mind telling me what's wrong now? All of them are outside the quarters. None is inside but us." Mingyu walks over to her.

She snakes her arms behind his waist and buries her face on his shoulder as he stilled.

"Father is going to hold a marriage ceremony for me. I have come to the right age. Like Hoshi and Wonwoo.. I'm going to be married." He heard something inside him break. He frowned.

"You-"

"I don't want to be away from you. I don't want other men. I don't want a Prince or any other man! Mingyu, you are my Lover. My heart belongs to you, so does your heart belong to mine.. Right?" She looks up at him. "Why are you smiling?"

"You know? You have so much power against my entire being. At first I got mad about the whole marriage thing, but here I am... Simping over your words. Yes, My Princess.." He emphasizes and drags the greeting. "I only belong to you, you belong to me. Nobody owns this Knightly heart of mine but the one and only beautiful Princess of Ezren. And that, is you."

"Should we run away together?" She smiles at him. His brows furrow.

"That's betrayal.. As much as I would love to, I promised your Father, as a Knight of his country, a man, and as the child of his closest friend to not betray him nor tarnish his name in any way." He looks down.

"I understand. I would not be able to hold it if I betrayed him.. Or any sort of way that will make him upset me." They hug each other.

"As much as I don't like it... Let's give the Prince a chance. Who knows? He might be better for you-" She punches his chest. He stumbles backwards.

"Ouch-" He coughs. Holding the place she punched as she cried and glared at him.

"You dare to say that in front me? Do you not trust me?" He chuckled and engulfs her in a hug.

"That really hurt. But no, I do trust you." Mingyu sulked.

"How so?"

He looks at her and gives a lopsided smile.

"Are you challenging me?" She rolls her eyes.

"Why you-" He swiftly pulls her in for a kiss. It lasted for about 2 minutes before he pulled away and she breathes.

"I love you, My Princess Y/N Alistair.."
She scrunches her nose.

"I love you too, My Knight Mingyu Genesis.." He dramatically cries and fakes as if his heart was hurting. She just laughs and rolls her eyes.

"Let's go to bed. I've locked the bolts."

°

Mingyu looks at the sleeping figure on his chest. He couldn't help but be proud of himself. He's one lucky man.

"You don't know how thankful I am to have you.." He whispers in the dimly lit room.

"I would do anything for you, My Love. Just to see you be happy. Even if it meant, we'll have to destroy what we have for the sake of that beautiful smile on your beautiful face." He leans slightly to place a peck on her forehead.

"Goodnight, Y/N.."

Nite nite peeps🤗😊