XVIII

The next morning, she woke up feeling dead. She didn't even bother to eat breakfast with the others in the Dining Hall. The news soon reached them and they know.

They seemed close in childhood, to their perspective. Seungcheol knew they were friends, minus the fact that they had a secret place and they were in a relationship.

"Hansol, your wife is pregnant. She shouldn't pass eating." Simon looks at his son worriedly.

"Don't worry, Father. I'll bring her breakfast after I'm done."

And so he did.

"Wake up, sleepy head.. I thought you said you were going to get ready.." He lays back in bed beside her, caressing her face.

"I don't have the appetite." Her voice was forced out, seeming as she cried and thrashed last night before he could finally calm her down and put her to sleep.

"Please, have a few bites. It's not good for the baby." He kisses her temple. "I'll feed you, come on now." She was about to stand up when a sudden overwhelming pain worked out on her lower stomach.

"H-hansol.." His eyes widen.

"Y/N- you're bleeding-"

°

Could this day get any worse? First, I lost Mingyu, now I lost my child. Damn it, I'm so unlucky. My child was the only thing that reminded me of him. The only piece of Mingyu that I had left, and now.. Gone.

"Hansol... Please don't tell any one about the miscarriage. Especially our parents. They'd freak out!" He hugs her then nods.

"I understand. Don't worry, I won't. I promise. Are you okay now?" He smiles at her softly.

"What do I do without you? You're always there when life drags me to filth." She looks down on her fingers and plays with them. He kisses her forehead.

"Don't think about anything like that anymore. I'm not going anywhere. I'll feed you, come now. Don't say anything else."

Gladly, there were a few trusted maids of her to clean up the bloody bedsheets and they had to replace the mattress. Thankfully, they didn't ask.

°

"My child, how is Hansol treating you so far?" Seungcheol smiles at afar, overlooking the sea of Eastern Ezren. The neighboring country of Thebes could be seen from a distance.

"He's been such an Angel. He treats me so well I'm worried if I'm not doing the same to him." She hugs his side, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Don't ever doubt yourself, Alistair. You're doing just as good as him. Oh by the way, how's your pregnancy cravings hanging?" Seungcheol looks at her.

Her breath hitches.

"I-it's doing pretty weird." He laughs. Caressing her head.

"I guess it runs in the blood. Elizabeth had the weirdest cravings for Wonwoo. I could remember her asking Mint Chocolate ice cream and then putting green leaf vegetables over it. Honestly, I was haunted." She just laughs.

"No wonder that brother is so weird." He chuckles at her.

"Her weirdest craving for Hoshi was... Hm there were a lot but this one stood out the most. Crab soup on chocolate cake." His face distorts in disgust and she shivered.

"I only want fruits in my icecream- what kind of-"

"I know right."

"--Jihoon's would be... Right! She asked for birthday cakes every single week. It started in her 7th month of pregnancy until she gave birth to Jihoon. Now, I'm doubting what the cake was for because Jihoon, isn't the most affectionate amongst you 5."

"It's me, isn't it?"

"That's right. You cuddly bug." He blows her nose and she laughs. "-Chan's was rather normal which I was seriously very thankful for. Only that, she wanted it from Dunvar. She wanted to get Dunvar's rice cakes and surprise mochi balls. If it wasn't from Dunvar, she'd throw a huge fit."

"He looks like an otter to me, honestly. Not a mochi ball unlike Hoshi."

"That is why I told you. I am getting very weirded out." He laughs.

"Your cravings were rather, girly and calm. She wanted my self-made pancakes. Might I remind you, I never learnt how to cook. As a Prince in childhood, I held swords, bows and arrows. Not spatulas and cooking knives."

She just laughs.

"--it tasted very terrible in my opinion. Don't judge, I never learned kitchen life. But she really loved it. She would ask for it every single morning since her 3rd month of pregnancy until her 8th month. And, the butterfly pea flower tea wouldn't disappear with it. Be it either iced or hot. That blue-violet violet colored beverage must be always in her plate."

"That's why I'm very strange.."

"For me, you and your brothers are the most beautiful creatures on this world. No other person could say against it otherwise." She smiles sadly then hugs him.

"I love you, Father. So so much." He cups the back of her head after kissing her forehead.

"I love you too. So so much, my sweet Alistair."