XII

"Why prolong the wedding. We'll do it tomorrow at sundown." She looks at Seungcheol harshly.

"Really? You're going to hold a wedding? There is war happening in Northern Ezren! Your people are dying, and you're marrying your child in the midst of chaos?!" His eyes widen when she stands up and raises her voice.

"Y/N! How dare you disrespect the King?!" Hoshi looks at her and bangs his hands on the table startling them but her.

"How dare I- are you even listening to him? His Knights are out there risking their lives, his innocent Northern Ezreneth People are getting killed as hostages or as civilians yet here he is, holding a marriage?" Chan stands up and slaps her. They shut up.

"Do you know why you are getting married?" He grits his teeth.

She was shocked. Chan never hit her, nor did any of her brothers or Seungcheol ever laid their hands on her.

"--Your marriage is the only thing that stops this damned war! Anaxis wants you to be married! You're the only one who isn't married yet! They will only calm down when you are married. Do you understand?!" She doesn't flinch as he raises his voice.
She looks at him dead in the eye.

"Then why don't you just offer me to them? That's what sucks in this world. Women are always the one to be under men. We're the ones to get sacrificed, we're the ones who gets married off for peace treaty or some crap. Why can't we choose who we want to? Why must you always decide things for us?! Why must we always put our own happiness back for the sake of the world!" She punches him square in the jaw and looks dead at Seungcheol's eyes.

"-they already made the choice of my brothers marrying their Princesses. They did this 4 times! Anaxis-" She runs a hand through her hair. "We are 10 times bigger than Anaxis, more powerful than them! Why must we obey their choices? Why must Ezren do all sorts of traditions in other countries and not in Ezren?"

"-Because you are an incompetent King. You can't stand up for yourself. Everything we have starts being at risk the moment we are born with a title on our heads, before our names. Life isn't a joke. It's risk nothing or risk it all. Ezren will truly only not have enemies in secrets once you start standing up for yourself." She wipes her tears away and glares at Chan.

"Don't you dare come talk to me again." She tugs on his collar and throws him back, which sends him to land on Wonwoo.

°

"My Princess- please calm down-" Her servants flinch and fidget around trying to calm her down as she thrashes everything in her room, screaming and crying her heart out.

"I didn't ask for this! I only want to achieve my happiness!!" She cries, her knuckles now bloody after she punched her mirror straight to pieces.

"My Prince." Her eunuch jumps in fear when a clash inside her room was heard. Hansol widens his eyes and runs inside as Sofia stays outside the room worriedly.

"Hey.. Hey, calm down. Please, calm down. Stop- stop." He holds her hand in place as he hugs her from the back.