IV

"Where have you been?" Seungcheol looks at his daughter and smiles. "I have been waiting for you. I need to tell you and your brothers an important message."

She looks around and yes, her brothers are already present in the long table. Besides, Hoshi.

She took her seat beside Jihoon, in front of Chan who was beside Wonwoo, in front of Jihoon.

"What is the news, Father?" Wonwoo speaks and smiles.

"I have to travel." She abruptly looks at him.

"Travel, to where?" Her eyes trembled. "H-how long?"

"I don't know, my child. We will be travelling to a place further than Dunvar. I'm not sure about our return and how long we will be on a trip."

"Further than Dunvar... Aexnethois?" Es-ner-thwa. Seungcheol shakes his head no with a small smile.

"Anasia." Her eyes threatened to let the tears break loose so she immediately wipes them away. "For treaty. They wanted a deal. The other neighboring countries are heading North to Anasia as well."

She looks away. "Can you not go?"

"I'm sorry, I can't." He smiles sadly. "I have to. Anasia is your mother's birth place. Her relatives are there. I have to see them as well."

She didn't speak anymore. Jihoon looks at her worriedly.

"Father, estimated time of travel?" Wonwoo looks down.

"2 or 3 years?"

"Why that long?! Does Hoshi know? In three years time, it will be Chan's turn to travel to Dunvar.. You won't be there.." Her voice cracked in the end.
"You're telling me, all of you will eventually go? Is that it?"

"Y/N-"

"Stop, Jihoon. Answer my question." She sniffles. "We're not even sure if Hoshi is going to pass the tradition. He might be staying at Dunvar for a longer time! Wonwoo will follow, then Jihoon then Chan! I-" She looks up.

"Excuse me. I have to go to bed." She bows down quickly and leaves the room.

"Y/N!" Wonwoo calls.

"Don't.. She won't listen." Seungcheol holds him back, he looks at the disappearing figure of his daughter.
I'm so sorry, my child. 

°

"I request the assistance of Knight Mingyu. Call him right this instant!" She shouts at her maid who was flustered.

"Y-yes, My Princess."

°

"You needed my assistance, My Princess?" Mingyu bowed down.

"Everybody leave the damned room!" They all flinched as she kicks her closet stand down. The guards and eunuchs left the room, afraid of her.

"My Princess-" Her maid stuttered.

"Leave the room, Elijah. Get out of my sight, right this instant or I will shred you to pieces."

"Y-yes, My Princess. Apologies."

As soon as it was only them in the room, Mingyu stands up and runs to her.

"What is going on?" He looks for her eye contact since she refuses to do so.
"Hey.. Look at me." She does.

"Have you heard the announcement? Father is going to Anasia. Maybe 2-3 years until he returns. Eventually then, Chan will go to Dunvar for his turn."

"I really can't see the problem.."

"They are all leaving me!" She breaks off of his grip and dives in her bed. "First, mom then Hoshi then dad. And eventually, all of my other brothers will go!"

"They'll return right?" He sits on the chair beside her bed.

"You could only return to Ezren from Dunvar if you have satisfied the elders there with your performance and results of being a proper King. Father lasted for 1 year and a half there. They were so tough on him just because he became King at 12. They thought he wasn't good enough for the throne so they were 100 times harder on him."

"--Hoshi is a descendant. Of course, knowing those hard-satisfactory people of Elder Dunvar, they will be harsh on him as well. He'll stay there until it will be Wonwoo's time to go, then the cycle goes on."

"--I will be left here alone."

"Who told you I'll be leaving you?" Mingyu looks at her with a gentle gaze.

"You're 16.. I'm 14. Didn't you know? 17 is Knighthood treating. You're gonna be away until 21. That's where the real training of Knighthood starts. Didn't Uncle Shua tell you?" He shakes his head no.

"That's 5 years, Gyu... We won't see each other for 5 years."

"When I return I'll be 21 and you'll be 19."

"I'll be 16 in two years. Ezren has a lot of tradition. I will be away for 7 years off to Felaxus. I'll be a Proper Lady when I return at 21."

°

They were out in the open field, watching the hunting commence. She was standing next to Seungcheol who was seated in his throne, Mingyu was beside her. On Seungcheol's other side were her brothers.

When suddenly...

An arrow came flying towards their direction, targetting Y/N. Thank goodness, Mingyu has very very quick reflexes and embraced her into his arms. Followed by a gunshot, hitting Mingyu on the same bicep the arrow pierced him through.

They grew alarmed.

"Protect the Royal Family!" Jeonghan screams, all the other Knights and Guards surround them with swords and arrows ready, "Search by groups! That person must be punished!"

"..." Mingyu holds his breath. "D-dad.." Joshua embraces him, slapping his face for softly to keep him awake.

"No, Mingyu. Open your eyes." He glared at him through teary vision.

"Princess lost consciousness!" Woozi runs to her and checks her with trembling hands, the other brothers follow.

"Her head is bleeding. Call the Doctors! Hurry!"

"She must've hit her head on the throne." Wonwoo mumbles, his shaky hands as he trails his fingertips along the sides of Seungcheol's throne and when he seperates his finger from the chair, there's blood.

I have a messed up brain :')

🙂🤧😬😔it starts here😔😬🤧🙂