XIV

"Welcome to the Family, Y/N..." Queen Melody softly smiles at her. She engulfs her into a warm motherly hug that it brought tears to her eyes. It was the first time she ever experienced a motherly hug in her entire life.

"Thank you, Your Majesties-"

"Oh dear, no no. Don't call us that.. Call us Mom and Dad from now on." King Simon smiles as he hugs her warmly.

"Unnie!!!!" She stops crying and stifles a laughter when Sofia calls her. "Don't cry now.. You're officially my older sister!" Sofia jumps around as she hugs her that Hansol had to stop his sister.

"Hangyeol- don't. She's tired." He chuckles when Sofia pouts, he ruffles her hair.

"Tonight is the consummation night. We'll all go to the mountains to pray for a Healthy Prince and safe delivery for you soon. You'll become a woman then." Hoshi appears beside her. She looks over and sees her other brothers and Seungcheol.

"I hope you treat each other well.."

°

They were alone in the room. Simon and Seungcheol specifically ordered the servants to stay out of her quarters until the next morning.

"I can't do this.." She mutters. Looking at the small bed side mirror.
"Hansol, you have a Lover.. I shouldn't be interfering with your relationship. I'm not that kind of person." She looks at him while he sits on the bed in distress.

"I know. That's why I'm trying to think of something."

"I know!" He looks at her with hope. "I'm pregnant, right? Let's just keep this a secret until it shows.."

"I'll just say that the baby is mine!" She nods. "But what about Mingyu?"

"I don't know about him... Anymore." She looks down.

"I'm sorr-"

"No, don't be!"

"What if they'll know?"

"They'll know what?"

"That we faked this?"

"They wouldn't know unless we say it anyways. Don't worry. I'll take full responsibility of the child like he or she is mine so you don't have to worry."

"I'm not worried about that-"

He looks at her. "Then what are you worried about?"

"You know. You'll have hickeys the next morning and I'm not virgin anymore. I won't bleed then."

"Damn, we're such geniuses. Perfect partner in crimes." Hansol sticks out his hand and she High Fives with a laugh.

"Let's just suck our own skin and I'll prepare the beloved clothing props. You go get the red liquid." She laughs softly. He nods.

Hansol starts crumpling the sheets and disarrays the pillows on the floor messily. She gets her knife and does some scratching mark on the walls to make it seem like he was too rough.

"Since, you sacrificed your happiness for this marriage. I will gladly sacrifice my skin to be the virgin blood producer." She looks at Hansol in shock.

"What no-"

"Too late." He's already snatched her penknife and cut himself on the edge of his palm tinily but quite deep to have lots of blood. "Damn, that hurt."

They both laugh and he scatters the blood stain on the white pristine sheets.

"Hickeys. Done. Scratches. Done. Sheets and pillows. Done. Blood. Done." They high five each other with tiny giggles.

"Now let's clean that wound up." She helps him clean up the wound.

°

"Look, we have to be naked to be real. Don't worry. I won't touch you. I promise." She smiles gently at him.

"I know you won't, Hansol. I trust you." He smiles. They both take off their clothes and throw them around the room.

"Your hair, it's too neat." She laughs at him, they both disheveled each other's hair.

"I have to do scratch marks on your back-" She looks at him.

"Go ahead. I'll have to choke you- I was joking!" He laughs. "Dang, you have some good scratching skills. That did make the itchiness better. Thanks." She just laughs.

"Feel free to give hand marks on my wrist." He holds her wrists tightly on one hand so she's not allowed to touch unless he says so.

"I think the visual props are done. I'm tired now, let's go to sleep." She nods at him.

"Thank you, Hansol. For everything." He just smiles and ruffles her hair.

"You're welcome. And thank you as well." She smiles. "Come here."

She carefully laid her head on his bare chest as he covers both of them with the stained sheet.

"I'm glad I'm friends with you." He kisses her forehead goodnight.

"I am as well." She does the same and repositions herself back into his arms.