Chapter 10

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

WHITEPAW CREPT ALONG her owner's fence. She could hear nothing, and her nostrils were filled with the musky scent of damp earth. Her green collar on her neck jingled as she moved. Where was Firepaw?

Out of nowhere, everything went white and she found herself back in her kit body, no collar on her neck. She looked to be two moons old while her siblings looked their age, four moons. Whitepaw felt uncomfortable at her siblings menacing stares and whispers. Firepaw and Prncess were not there.

That's when she smelt a familiar scent. She turned around towards the twoleg cat-flap to see her mother, Nutmeg, a pretty rown and white she-cat with amber eyes pad toward her. That's when Whitepaw noticed something creepy. Blood soaked her mothers' paws and mouth. Nutmeg purred menacingly, "Look what you made me do, Star..."

Her littermates beckoned inside the twoleg den, and Whitepaw hesitantly made her way inside. When she saw the sight, her heart pounded in her chest, she choked on air and her pelt bristled. It was horrible!

Firepaw was dead on the ground, his throat torn out and green eyes lifeless. Princess was beside him with her belly torn open and her guts on the twoleg carpet. From the window, she saw Graypaw banging on it with his paws in anger and fear, trying to get to them. That's when a twoleg came from behind Graypaw and picked him up before throwing him through the window. When Graypaw fell limp on the carpet, glass stuck out of his flesh and soaked his pelt.

Whitepaw couldn't move or speak, no matter what she did. This was torture!

Whitepaw woke with a loud screech and jumped out of her moss bed with a terrified wail. She opened her green eyes and saw Firepaw racing toward her from his nest with wide, scared eyes. "Whitepaw! What happened?!"

Whitepaw began to breathe heavily, hardly processing her brothers' words. Graypaw and Ravenpaw were beside her also, with Midnightpaw behind them.

"What's happened?!" A growl came from the entrance as a familiar huge warrior came in with a stern expression, which soon became concerned when he saw the small apprentice's pelt heaving and bristling. "Whitepaw? Are you okay?"

Tigerclaw nudged her with his nose, and she flinched violently. The huge tabby then looked at the others, "Clear off. Give her some space!"

They took some steps back and Tigerclaw looked at Whitepaw. "Did you have a nightmare?"

Whitepaw blinked up at him with fear and nodded shakily. "M-my mother... She-she... I..." She took a breath. "I was back at Twolegplace with my littermates, except Firepaw and our sister, Princess weren't there with me. And my mother came f-from inside the den..."