Chapter 7

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

IT'S BEEN A few days since Tigerclaw forced Graypaw to eat those mice. Since then, Redpaw had gotten her medicine cat name, Redstream, and both Whitepaw and Midnightpaw were so proud. Tigerclaw has also been teaching Whitepaw and Ravenpaw battle training lately more than hunting, and it was great! Though, she'd never want to harm a cat... Unless she had to.

Whitepaw woke up feeling damp. It had been quite an uncomfortable night. She stood up and shook herself vigorously, fluffing out her white fur. She wanted to stay in her nest and curl up to keep warm, but she knew she must get used to the cold already. It's been a few moons since she joined ThunderClan.

Reluctantly, she left the apprentices' den and made her way to Yellowfang and Firepaw. "It's quite cold today, isn't it?"

"My bones ache," Yellowfang grumbled.

"I don't doubt it," Whitepaw purred. "Your bedding is soaking wet. Why don't you move somewhere more sheltered?"

Firepaw shook his head, "I suggested the nursery but she hates kits. Said she'd rather get wet."

"Then at least fetch her some dry bedding, Firepaw," Whitepaw meowed, not wanting to annoy the old cat with questions.

Firepaw nodded and sprinted away. Whitepaw got up and looked at the old she-cat, "Would you like any fresh-kill?"

Yellowfang nodded, "That would be great, Whitepaw."

Whitepaw nodded and made her way to the pile which was at least sheltered by a tree overhanging it. She grabbed a mouse from the pile and made her way over to the broad-faced medicine cat who was shaking the water from her fur. Whitepaw noticed Goldenflower coming over and taking away the wet bedding and going to collect more. Whitepaw went up to the older she-cat and placed the mouse at her paws. "Sorry if it's a bit soggy, but it was the driest one there."

"Thank you, Whitepaw." Yellowfang murmured, digging in to her food. Whitepaw was surprised by her kindness. "You're welcome."

Whitepaw padded away towards Tigerclaw across the clearing where he was talking with Darkstripe, Longtail and Whitestorm. Darkstripe and Longtail sneered at her while Tigerclaw and Whitestorm greeted her with a twitch of their whiskers.

"Any training today, Tigerclaw?" Whitepaw asked and the huge main-coon shook his head. "I have to help asses Firepaw and Graypaw in their training today, have some rest. You did some good work these past few days."

Whitepaw felt a rush of pride and she lifted her chin, "Okay, thanks Tigerclaw!"

Whitepaw leaped away from the group and towards the warmth of the apprentices den.

"Smudge!" Firepaw meowed out loud.

"H-ho-how d-d-do you know my n-name?" stammered the black and white tom, still crouching.