"Accha. Ham agli baar dhyaan rakhenge. Par abhi ham Arsh ke ghar jaa rahe hai. Kal hamara test hai aur hamari zara bhi padhai nahi hui hai," Faiza said as a cue to leave.

(I will take care of it next time. I am going to the Arsh house. It's our test tomorrow and I haven't prepared well)

"Theek hai. Par jaldi ghar aa jaana. Arsh se ko kuch sikho. Tumhari umr ka hai par kitna mature hai. Nahi pata tum kab badi hogi," Anisa Begum said in a displeased tone while Faiza mouth gaped open.

(Okay. But come home soon. Learn something from Arsh. He's the same age as yours but he is so mature. I don't know when you will become mature)

"Kabhi kabhi toh aisa lagta hai ke aap hamari ammi hi nahi hai," Faiza said with a huff.

(Sometimes, I feel like you are not even my mother)

***

"MashaAllah, tum kitni pyaari lag rahi ho," Arsh mother said cupping her cheeks. Faiza scrunched her nose when she realized that she was just wearing a mustard color kurti with a cigarette off white pants.

(You are looking so beautiful)

"Shukriya aunty," Faiza said in a hesitant tone.

(Thanks)

"Mai tumhari ammi jesi hu. Tum mujhe ammi bol sakti ho," Arsh mother Sabiha said.

(I am like your mom. You can call me mama)

Faiza nodded her head nervously while her eyes were searching for Arsh.

"Wo apne kamre mai hai. Tum room mai jau. Mai tum dono ke liye snacks le kar aati hu," Sabiha said in an excited tone and make her way to the kitchen.

(Arsh is in his room. You can go to the room. I will bring snacks)

Faiza went to his room barging the door open. Her eyes went wide when she noticed him watching something on his laptop without his shirt on. Her mouth felt dry at the sight of her.

"Ya Allah. Jaldi se shirt pahno. Zara bhi sharm nahi hai aaj kal ke ladko mai," Faiza said loudly while she instantly turned around.

(Oh God, wear the shirt quickly. Nowadays boys don't have any shame)

Her sudden presence startled Arsh. He instantly wore his shirt while cursing her for barging in his room like this.

"Tumhe itni manners hona chahiye ke tum kisike room mai bina knock kiye nahi aa sakti," Arsh said glaring at her.

(You should know how to knock on the door)

Faiza let out a sigh and sat on the bed.

"kya dekh rahe the tum?" She asked when she notices him shutting his laptop.

(What were you watching)

Arsh awkwardly rubbed his neck and avert his gaze away.

"Aisa kya dekh rahe the tum. Tum wo tou nahi dekh rahe the na," Faiza said faking a gasp making the color drained from his face.

(What were you watching? Don't tell me you were watching that)

"Get your mind out of the gutter. I was studying," Arsh said making her chuckle.

"Accha. Theek hai. Actually, kuch kaam tha tumse. Meri helps karo na padhai mai. Kuch samajh nahi aa raha hai," Faiza said with a pout.

(Okay. I need you to help me in studies. I am unable to understand anything)

"Konsa wala lesson hai?" Arsh said opening the textbook.