22 | A Kingdom Reborn

Five pairs of shoes step outside the castle, their bodies littered with bruises and injuries.

A redhead girl leans on a blonde for support, while a demon, a snow-haired, and a witch walk forward. Even as their bodies ache and stung all over, they have to explain the situation to the people.

Whispers and mummers fill their ears as curiosity got the citizens to gather by the gate of the castle.

Children cling to their mothers, Men sneak out weapons in worry. Some are wondering where the soldiers are. Others fret why the injured group came from inside the castle.

Are they escaped prisoners? Yeah somewhat but they're heroes too.

Narra steps forward; chin up and back straight, she speaks with composure and calm.

"People of Chrono, do you recognize me? I'm the daughter of the witch that was burned to death long ago." Although not noticeable, Horns hears the shaking of her voice.

The elders release their looks of fear and the men get ready to attack. The children whimper, clinging closer to their caretakers. Narra's gaze softens at their state. She feels humiliated somehow, yet it has to be done.

"Do...Don't be afraid...I..." The witch trails over her speech, her face flushes with embarrassment and pity for the people.

A hand fits with hers, a pink one. Horns steps forward and tells the crown all too bluntly.

"The king will be sent to prison."

At that sentence, people gasp, most have looks of confusion and disbelief. Horns remains stoic and continues his words. Narra watches her partner in silence, glad he is here to help her out.

"The king has been convicted by the murder of countless missing people in this kingdom. He slaughtered the Chrono bloodline, proclaiming himself as the new ruler.

"I know it's a lot to take in but it's for the best. I'm sure most of you citizens can understand and are aware of his doings."

The crowd's features soften, mostly from adults and the elderly. They're alive long enough to witness his unruly works. The slaughter and the abductions. The people had to keep their mouths shut if they want to continue living.

Dhara faces Caiden with a look of worry, and he returns a smile.

Horns continues.

"If you all can accept the king's retirement, we ask that you also accept..."

Caiden steps forward, along with the injured Dhara.

"...Caiden Chrono as this kingdom's new ruler...Is that okay?"

It takes a while. The men pull down their weapons and the citizens whisper to one another. Caiden faces them with composure. Though he isn't fit for the role just yet, he can learn to be a good king.

Narra faces the blonde and the demon in surprise.

"You knew?" She utters and the blonde replies with a smile.

"I've known for a long time now..."

One by one, the citizens of the kingdom kneel. From children to adults, and the elders. Like a wave, they fall on their knees and lower their heads.

They favor Caiden. The young man has helped them a lot through teaching children and helping the elderly. He's a kind boy, and they see potential in him.

Narra receives the injured Dhara from Caiden's shoulder, and together, Horns, her, Dhara, and Norman all got down to kneel to their new and humble king.