13 | Broken Bridge Tavern

Three pairs of diverse shoes stroll through the roads of Chrono, the darkness not bothering them as street lanterns light up the area. The two boys snicker and joke on their walk while the female gazes at the sky blankly.

“The inn is a little pricey though. I mean, eight silver for a room?”

Norman chuckles at the demon.

“You got that right. The bed was pretty stiff too.”

To be fair and frank, Narra also thinks the inn they sleep in is quite pricey for a room that contains a hard bed, think blankets, a wooden dresser, and a bath.

Those might sound like a lot but they're all either worn out or not even in decent quality. If she's the owner, Narra will charge about roughly eighteen copper for the small rooms, and one silver for the better ones. Such bad business management

Narra transfers her gaze from the stars to the boys and speaks.

“Speaking of which, Norman already sold off his mushrooms, don't you have an errand too, Horns?”

Norman looks at the demon, who merely waves his hand and smirks upon walking.

“That's exactly where we're off to right now.”

They halt, in front of a rather large wooden abode. Cheers and chatter leaks from the inside, the bright lights of torches coming along. On top of that, it reeks of alcohol and sweat.

The other two may not have noticed but Narra's sense of smell grows heightened due to the tests she performs with tea. Alcohol is something she doesn't favor at all.

A big, curved sign is right above the door. It uses bright colors of paint to spell out the words ‘Broken Bridge Tavern’.

“Woah, ” Norman utters in amused awe and Horns places his hands to his hips, staring at the sign.

“Broken Bridge Tavern…weird name, ” The demon prince states, tilting his head sideways ever so slightly.

Narra spares them a glance before returning her focus on the sign. Unconsciously, she mutters a sentence.

“A tavern – a lively one…”

The loud taverns aren't her style. It reeks, it's noisy, and it's disturbing.

“Come on, ” Horns calls out, his hand wrapping around the hinge he pushes the oak door open.

Their sights meet with a brightly lit tavern, dozens of tables and seats littered across the wide-area as people cheer and fill the place like maggots. Horns smirks as he enters, Norman's mouth opens in awe, and Narra's face scrunches in disgust as she forces herself to tag along.

With her arms wrapped around herself as a way of comfort, she tails the two boys in, eyeing those who are blank-out drunk of just acting stupid – scary, she means.

Waitresses wearing casual or over-revealing outfits come table to table delivering huge mugs of beer or wide plates of steak. She can't help but feel disgusted, it's a feeling we all undergo.

“My, my, what do we have here?” A blonde male taunts by a table filled with three more men, similar shape and age to Horns and Narra.

There aren't demons, nor creatures, only humans. The male has unkempt ash-blonde hair and dark amber eyes. His overconfident smirk already gives out what the guy's like. Narra couldn't bother with the other fellas that huddle along with him.

Horns halts, he pulling out a relatively small pouch from his belt. Narra looks in surprise and bewilderment. She didn't even notice that there.

Not a minute passes and Narra turns to find Norman beaming, starting a conversation with other people. She rolls her eyes, returning her focuses on Horns and the confident stranger.