39: Champagne

*Viewer Discretion is advised* (Underage drinking)

-Sedona's POV-

We reached the top of the stairs, and I found Narcissa standing at the Manor entrance in an onyx black gown. She didn't smile, but her eyes sparkled. I wondered if she had partaken in the demise of my relationship. I want to think not, but at this point, I couldn't trust any Malfoy.

I had the strangest sensation as we passed Narcissa and entered the welcoming room. In another life, I would have been side to side with Draco. I would have strolled in like a pureblood girl and known the names of every pureblood tool in this ball.

The noises from guests mingling startled me from my thoughts. Theo held onto me tightly as we swept across the marble. I took a deep breath and blinked as I tried to adjust my eyes to the light of the room. It was the brightness I've seen the Manor since my arrival.

Theo stopped and turned to look at me as he adjusted his chain, "The elves did a good job making this place come to life," he chuckled.

My stomach fluttered with anxiety as I fiddled with the skirt of my dress. I didn't want to be the one to spoil the party, but I needed to know more.

"Did you know?" I said lightly.

Theo tilted his head and scrunched his brows in confusion.

"About Draco leaving me dateless—you knew he was going to do that?" I said with resentment in my tone.

There was a moment of silence between us, and all we could hear was the sound of chatter from the grounds as they grew louder and louder, floating through the open doors. I continued to fiddle with my dress's skirt as I stared at the marble, fighting the tears back.

"Hey hey hey," Theo cupped my chin, lifting it to face him, "I didn't know for sure...I—I had a hunch that something was up and so I talked to Malfoy, and I know you told me not to, but I needed to make sure you were going to be okay. He told me it would be okay if I took you instead...good thing we were the same size" he chuckled as he examined himself in the suit.

I stepped back and raised one brow at him, "What else did he say?" I demanded to know.

Theo rubbed his forehead like a headache was coming on, "I think its best if you let him handle this on his own—"

"No, this has to do with me, so I have a right to know, so tell me, or I swear Theodore I will cause a scene—"

"Okay, okay, just calm down," he whispered as he lowered his hand, motioning me to be quiet.

"Then tell me," I whispered back.

"He didn't tell me much, just that daddy Malfoy is making him go with Parkinson's until he finds out your blood status."

I scoffed, "Really?"

"Well, yeah, I guess it was that or Lucius finding out his own way, and if you know Lucius, he's never pleasant about anything," he warned.

I studied his face, he seemed genuine, concerned, trustable, but I was on edge, paranoid that anyone could turn on me any second. Everything happened so fast; one moment, I was on top of the world, high on love, and the next, I crashing down into a dark abyss with no one but myself.

"Theo...If you know, more you have to tell me," I took his hand, "You've known the Malfoys you're whole life if you think something else is going please don't level me in the dark I don't want to be blindsided."

He squeezed my hand tightly, "I promise you I don't know any more than what I just told you."

The noises from outside grew louder as a line began gathering outside the door. I faced away from Theo and placed all my attention towards the entrance. I desperately looked for any familiar faces but still hoping Draco or Pansy wouldn't be one of them.

Save Your Tears- Draco Malfoy Fanfic (18+)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara