26: Rebuilding

Hi, instead of posting two chapters, I just made this chapter extra long. I hope you enjoy it :)

*Viewer Discretion is advised*

-Sedona's POV-

{Note Begins}

Sedona Rhode,

I know how much you love these.

I hope one day you'll love me the same way.

-Draco Lucius Malfoy

{Note Ends}

I set the letter down and opened the medium-sized box in front of me. My stomach churned at the sight of chocolate frogs.

My favorite.

Over the past week, Draco has had gifts delivered to my room. I'm not sure how exactly they get in here, but I'm sure his house-elves had something to do with it. I had received a cloak embroidered with my initials, just like Dracos, another box of green roses, a breathtaking black pearl necklace, a Defensive Magical Theory book, and lastly, Draco's very first golden snitch he caught.

I was overwhelmed at so many gifts, but at the same time, it was comforting to know Draco was trying. I still haven't talked to him, but we occasionally exchanged smiles. It felt relieving knowing that there was no pressure, no timeline to forgive him. I could do it all at my own pace.

At the same time, I tried to work on myself; I tried to move past what Draco and Blair had done, although I am unsure that I will ever be over it.

I tried to give myself space from Theo. He did nothing wrong, but I knew having him around while I was trying to heal was....well, there was a lot of temptation.

I think that was the weirdest part of everything; sleeping with Theo. In a way, I wasn't really surprised; Theo and I were best friends; it had always been written in our gaze, chemistry, a seed of love, an invitation to learn about one another. We always knew everything about each other, told each other everything. It wasn't unexpected that one day our bodies started to communicate without the need for words.

In other words, we were going to shag eventually.

But if Draco ever found out, he would never understand. I'm not sure what he would do, but I don't like to think about it.

A sudden knock at the door interrupted my thoughts; I sprang up from my bed and walked over to the door, opening it.

"How are you doing, darling?" Theo stood in my doorway. His charming blue yes beaming down on me as he cracked a smile. He was still wearing his school uniform, and he was holding a brown basket.

"I-I'm great," I stammered; I knew I was creating awkwardness between us, but I couldn't help it.

"Are you ready?" he said cooly.

"Um, for what" I furrowed my brows.

"Did you already forget about our weekly meeting" he paused, "Or dates as you like to call them," he groaned.

I had been so busy thinking about Draco I completely forgot. After my incident, Theo made me promise to meet with him every week to talk. I called them dates as a joke, but I reality, it was more of a therapy session.