17: Downfall

Guys, please don't hate me.

*Viewer Discretion is advice*

-Sedona's POV-

I rushed into the Slytherin common room, hoping to find Draco, but he wasn't there.

"Hey, Sed, ready to rage?" Blaise came up behind me, placing his hand over my shoulder.

"Yes, of course," I tried to seem happy "Do you know where Draco is?" I breathed. " I want to congratulate him."

"Ahh, of course, you do," he smirked, "He's in his room; the mate is starting early. I swear I just saw him down a whole bottle of fire whiskey."

This is bad; this is very bad, the voice in my head repeated again and again.

I pulled myself off Blaise and began making my way towards Draco's dorm. I tried to think through the panic.

This is what I wanted; to be with him. I reminded myself. This was my chance to talk through it all. So why was panic choking me?

I knock on his door, and there's no answer.

"Draco, it's Sedona," I said.

No answer.

I took a deep breath and walked in.

He was sitting on the edge of the bed, staring, unseeingly, at the ground. His mouth twisted in the tiniest bit.

"I chose you," I say as I run to his side, getting on my knees.

Silence.

When he finally looked, his eyes were different, harder- like there was no life in them.

"Sedona,  leave before I hurt you." He spoke the words slowly and precisely, his cold eyes on my face, watching as I absorbed what he really was saying.

There was a pause, and I repeated his words in my head, sifting through them for their real intent.

"No...I love you," I whispered out, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Leave."

I stared, uncomprehending, into his eyes. He stared back; his pupils dilated, hard and black. I felt like I could see into them for miles.

"Okay," I was surprised by how calm and reasonable my voice sounded. It must have been because after everything I went through today, I was numb. I had no more tears left to cry.

I walked out in the hallway; I felt numb.

To love is a risk, and so, if another takes that step with you, they are serious and placing their heart in your onwards care.

That's exactly what Draco and I did: we placed our hearts into each other care, and I made a bloody mess of it all.

I feel like a ghost in a world of paper dolls. I am the ghost in my own machine. I am a ghost running through time and space, looking in the blackness for a sacred spark.

I find myself standing in front of Theo's door, and I walk in.

"Oh shit. Sed," he says, pulling up his pants. "I'm getting dressed, Sed!"

I don't care. I walk past him slowly, making no eye contact, and I sit on his bed.

"Sed, are you okay?" he asks with worry in his eyes.

"Merlin. No. I need to get bloody drunk."

"That's what the party tonight is for" he sits down next to me and places his arm around me.