35: Bruises

TW: Domestic Abuse/Violence

*Viewer Discretion is advice*

-Sedona's POV-

It was early afternoon when I finished taking my O.W.L's. Usually, fifth-years take the exams at the end of the year, and they're administered over a period of two successive weeks. When we were fifth years, my friend group and I went through the process until the very last day; Blaise had a 'brilliant' idea.

He proposed we get blasted before the last exam, which was the Defense against Dark Arts O.W.L. Draco, Stas, Theo, and I all agreed, and we drank three bottles of fire whiskey. We were all fine during the theory portion of the exam, but when once we had to take the practical portion, things got messy.

I ended up puking on Hannah Abbott and had to go to the infirmary. Draco fell asleep and was unable to finish while Theo was so blasted he failed the exam, although we all agreed he would have failed anyway. The Zabinis surprisingly did great and were able to advance in DADA this year.

Either way, I was happy to be finally done with that shite. I don't really care for DADA, but it was horrid to be taking a class with all fifth years.

When I saw Theo, I was walking back to my room. He had a bottle of fire whiskey in hand, waiting by my door. I hadn't seen that sight since— I don't know —since I got back with Draco. I was...surprised and a bit scared, but I wasn't going to walk in the other direction.

In fact, I walked up to him with no hesitation and took the fire whiskey from his hand, effortlessly taking off the cap and taking a swig from the bottle.

"It's finally over," Theo exclaimed as I eyed him through the bottle.

"Where to?" I smiled.  I knew Theo long enough to know that he wanted to celebrate. It's the day before winter break, so we must get completely wasted.  As Blaise would say, it's in our friendship manual.

Theo laughed, "Let's play it safe...common room?" he raised an eyebrow. It was clear that by playing it safe, he meant not making Draco angry.

I agreed. I didn't need Draco getting angry with me and giving me another four rounds of revenge sex.

And so we went, walking side by side, taking turns drinking from the bottle. I tried taking smaller sips; lately, I haven't felt the urge to get plastered all the time, so I had been more...responsible about my drinking.

We sat on the floor in between a small coffee table and the black leather couch. The common room was empty, It was only one in the afternoon, so the students who weren't taking exams were still in classes. Luckily, since we had to test today, we were exempt from all other classes today.  We talked for a while and discussed how good we thought we did in the exam. Theo was downing the fire whiskey like it was water while I took smaller sips.

It was a relief knowing we didn't have classes until after winter break, and it was definitely a well-needed break after this term.

Just to think about how different things were at the beginning of the school term amazes and sort of terrifies me.

In the span of fourth months, I cheated on Cedric with Draco, got caught and broken up with, lost my best friend after she slept with Draco, shagged my other best friend, lost him, and now—now Draco and I are together? It seemed rather dysfunctional, but the fact of the matter is that I was happy now. Perhaps the happiest I've been in my whole life.

I took a sip out of the bottle and handed it back to Theo. He seemed better than the last time we were alone together. His eyes were brighter like he'd been getting good sleep, he seemed more alive, and I couldn't be happier for him.