38: Knew

Yall. I could sit here and say a million excuses on why I haven't updated the story in over a week, but I'm not going to do that; please just know that I love yall, and I have so many exciting things coming up for this story, and I can't wait to share them. So please, I ask for your patience, and I appreciate everyone that is still here. This chapter originally supposed to be a lot longer and include the whole events of the ball, but I decided to split it into two chapters so I could get an update out :)

-Sedona's POV-

Sick.

Sick to my stomach.

He knew.

He fucking knew.

He played this little game with me, and I fell for it, and now I'm getting sick on the floor at the realization of it all.

Theo was kneeled by my side, holding my hair as I purge. Purge at the vile thing Draco did. Purge with disgust and anger.

I'm done.

I'm so fucking done.

How could he? How could he use me like that? How could he be so fucking childish and insecure? I gave him everything. I have done everything in my power to make him feel like he is the only one.

The one.

But no, he refuses to believe in me. He would rather play childish games and screw me over in the process. It's rubbish. It's sick and twisted and fucking immature.

"That's it, get it all out," Theo said as he rubbed my back.

I was kneeling over the floor, gagging and letting everything go. I couldn't understand how Theo was beside me. The smell alone made me want to keep going; it was suffocating.

I should have known.

I should have known he could never be happy with me; nothing is ever perfect for him. There's always a ball waiting to drop.

I pushed myself off the floor slowly, turning myself to face Theo. I wiped the tears off my eyes and stared at him. He had an expression of worry spread across his face, and he pulled out his wand and placed a vanishing charm on the vomit next to us.

"I'm sorry, Theo," I managed to get out through my sniffles.

He stared at me with sympathy and placed a hand on my shoulder. I lost it; I collapsed into his arms and embraced him with a hug, still apologizing.

He embraced me back, "It's not your fault, darling," he whispered as he rubbed my back.

"It is...It's all my fault I—I created this mess, and I'm so sorry," I sniffled.

"Stop being so hard on yourself" he pulled away and placed both hands on my shoulders while he intently stared at me, "It's Malfoy—he—this is who he is."

"I hate it, Theo, I fucking hate it," I exhaled.

And then he embraced me with his arms again, "I'll talk to him."

"No, no, no, let me do it," I said in a panic. I knew if Theo confronted Draco, it would just end in another fight, and I was so tired of fighting. I'm tired of all this.

I need peace.

"Sed—"

I continued, "Let's just go down for breakfast" I pulled away and tried giving me a reassuring smile.

He stared at me with skeptical eyes, "I don't know Sed you were just—"

"Please, Theo let me just handle this," I pleaded.