Dangerous Promises

Chapter 8

When Jason pushed the massive doors to the throne room open he strided forward with purpose. Percy was immediately glad Jason led the way, because the intimidation of what lied in front of him nearly made him stumble. He had never seen the gods in their more comfortable divine forms. Usually they were all around seven feet tall when around mortals, but now they were easily fifteen to twenty sitting atop massive thrones in a U shape.

Jason strolled forward and it was clear all eyes of the twelve Olympians were upon them. Jason kneeled to the ground, which Percy and Bianca followed his example behind him, "Lord and Ladies of Olympus my allies and I come on behalf of Rome to return the stolen Master Bolt of Lord Jupiter."

There was silence in the throne room, and three demigods kept their heads down in a sign of obedience until the man at the top of the circle spoke, "Jason Grace. My son. Return me my weapon."

Jason rose to his feet, and immediately threw the Master Bolt towards his father who summoned it to his hands causing thunder to shake the temple around them. The man who Percy dared to look up at was smiling now, "You have done well my son. It has been a long time since any of our children have visited us here on Olympus. I must ask how you came across my bolt though? My brothers and I were on the verge of war looking for this. Now you and your companion may rise, and tell us your tale."

Jason did as instructed and began the tale. It started with Percy being summoned by Triden and facing the council in Atlantis. It then went to Percy asking Jason to come on the quest with him, and journeying to the Underworld where they bargained for information. Jason had left out Percy's promises to the Lord of the Dead to take in his daughter, but continued on with the information about being taken to New York and confronting the Lightning Thief. It was here where the gods clearly began shifting nervously.

"The son of Hermes..Mercury fought us with all he had. He explained to us that he planned to frame Bianca's brother Nico Di Angelo for stealing the bolt. He left us with the impression that he was luring the boy here from a safe place. We told him he was under arrest, and he attempted to kill us with the Master Bolt. He damn near succeeded if it hadn't been for our new ally Bianca Di Angelo we wouldn't have won. She saved our lives by plunging her sword into the back of the traitor while he attempted to kill my friend Percy. He spoke of a threat on the horizon from his Lord. He claims the Titan Lord Saturn was whispering in his ear." Jason said ominously.

A woman with startling grey eyes was the first of the Olympians to speak, "Lord Jupiter it seems my brother speaks the truth. Though I sense confusion."

Jupiter was looking at the woman until his eyes went back to Jason to answer the accusation, "My Lord...Percy and I met others who referred to the old empire. The empire before Rome. They refer to old aspects of the Olympians, and claim to be children of them. Luke claimed to be a son of Hermes, not Mercury. Bianca was raised to know the Graceus form of Olympians, but it has become obvious she knows Latin and understands the Roman ways. I don't understand why. This was merely a legend passed through Camp Jupiter to keep our senate paranoid. At least that is what was believed by most of the legion."

A large man with massive arms stood from his seat. All the gods were wearing togas, but even in a toga this man looked absolutely dangerous and his eyes seemed to be lit with fire as he spoke, "Careful of your words demigod. You tread on dangerous grounds."

Jupiter held up a hand to silence the man when he saw Percy looking calculating at his own father, "Perseus Jackson. Speak your mind."

Percy bowed his head, "This traitor spoke of a safe haven. At one point he used the word camp, and I realized something that even the most paranoid in our senate only speculated. There is a camp of half-bloods worshipping the old ways."