"Changmi-min, I- I- ple-lease d-don't...." Younghoon choked up. 

He felt his throat going dry and breath getting constricted. He wiped away the single drop of tear trickling down Changmin's cheeks. Changmin clutched his arms tightly, gasping for breath. His lips moved as he tried to get words out of his throat with difficulty. Younghoon cradled Changmin onto his laps and leant in near his lips. 

"Kill me right now." Changmin whispered with difficulty. 

Younghoon squeezed his eyes shut and cried more. He shook his head. He glanced at the dagger glowing green in Changmin's chest right at the heart. Looking back up to see a pair of desperate eyes, he let out a heart wrenching cry. 

Helpless. Hopeless. Useless. That's all Younghoon felt at the moment. 

Before looking back at Changmin, his eyes caught a glimpse of Jungwoo. Jungwoo was sitting splayed far away by the wall, looking at the two of them. His expression showed no remorse. 

But did he seem happy or relieved? 

No.

"Younghoon, hurry and kill me before I get worse." Changmin sputtered out, choking on his own words. 

"Bu-but I can-"

"No. Just let it be me this time."

"......Changmin..."

"Please... Hoonie..."

Younghoon panicked when Changmin hissed in pain and bit his lips. He couldn't take it no more. He pulled Changmin into his embrace, holding on tight because he never wanted to let go. 

He couldn't let go. He just can't.

Tears didn't stop flowing down the couple's cheeks. Their hold on each other was secure and tight. Their goodbye seemed so near yet they wanted to stretch it just a bit more.

Just as much as they can.

Just as much as fate allowed. 

"Did you love me?" Changmin hiccupped. Younghoon nodded, placing Changmin's head on his shoulders. 

"I did. I loved you so much." He said quietly, pressing a kiss on Changmin's forehead. Changmin sighed in contentment.

"Then I'm satisfied." 

".......Did you love me as much as I love you?"

"I loved you, Younghoon. And I will always love you." 

Changmin's voice went lower by each word, face leaning into the crook of Younghoon's neck. Younghoon's eyes were empty, caressing Changmin's head in his neck and still hugging him tightly. 

Still crying, Younghoon pulled out Jungwoo's dagger and threw it away. Changmin let out a painful cry making Younghoon feel even more miserable. 

With his own claws, Younghoon had to rip out his lover's fox marble painfully. Younghoon couldn't handle the heart wrenching cries of Changmin. He felt like giving up but he couldn't put Changmin through misery any longer.

"I will find you again. I promise." 

His heart felt as if being squeezed, suffocating him. Younghoon closed his eyes and felt the bond break off.

Joonyoung paused in his steps, making Juyeon turn around in confusion. Sangyeon approached him worriedly. They were on their way to the Emperor's quarters when Juyeon joined them. 

"Joonyoung? What's wrong?" Sangyeon asked. 

Joonyoung fell down his knees and gasped loudly. He clutched his chest, curling over in pain. Tears started dropping out of nowhere and made both Juyeon and Sangyeon panic.