89

Chapter 89: Final Destination
Because Di Jiufeng had gone to the past, many things had changed. For example, the witch tribe had survived.

A tall tree attracts the wind. Ning Guang understood this, so after that day, she had hidden the witch tribe within a small chiliocosm.

[T/N: Okay so I fully thought this word was only going to come up once… refer to end notes on chapter 78.]

Though the ancient witch of today still had her legendary reputation, because her tribe’s territory was so concealed, she was like a sleeping dragon. No one dared underestimate her, but she wasn’t the nail in everyone’s eye and thorn in everyone’s side.

The current witch tribe could truly be described as a hidden paradise.

When Di Jiufeng could walk again, she was infected by this auspicious and tranquil atmosphere, and began to live a carefree middle-aged lifestyle.

She didn’t even feel like going outside, so she just used the ancient witch’s intelligence network to gain a simple understanding of the current cultivation world.

Because there had not been such a grand battle which shook the heavens and earth, all the top cultivators had survived. Ancient noble families and antique sects each occupied their own territories like ancient trees. Those on the tier of the Ji family and Hanhai Pavilion that Di Jiufeng had encountered when she first arrived never had the chance to emerge in such a prosperous era.

This made Di Jiufeng very happy, but in her happiness, she thought of something else.

That ever-lively Qing Yu was someone she saved in passing after she came here, but now, everything was different. Could she have withered on that barren mountain without anyone to lend a hand?

And there was her System. According to Gu Yunlu, it was only a part of her, but it did have its own spiritual sense. For it to disappear just like that was truly too much of a pity. It had accompanied her for a long time and helped her a lot. In her heart, Di Jiufeng wanted it to have a good ending.

But there was no use worrying, she didn’t know how she ought to search for it.

Names could change, identities could change, and with the alteration of history, whether or not they even existed could be called into question. Di Jiufeng was at a loss, but she didn’t want to give up just like that. After considering it for a while, she decided to visit Mingxia Mountain.

She prepared to go alone, but before she could exit the small chiliocosm, Ning Guang chased after her and stopped her.

“Where are you going?” It sounded like a casual question, but Ning Guang’s hurried footsteps and flashing eyes meant that she had not come here by accident.

Di Jiufeng waved the bracelet on her wrist, raised her chin, and said, “Won’t you know once I go?”

Ning Guang had been exposed, but there wasn’t even a moment of embarrassment on her face. She slid her arm up around Di Jiufeng’s neck, and walked outside with her. “Since you know, then let’s go together. I’m worried about you going outside alone. If you want to go somewhere in the future, remember to call me.”

This self-confident yet shameless manner was really broadening Di Jiufeng’s horizons.

For the first time, she didn’t say anything else, only took Ning Guang’s hand and walked out with her.

Mingxia Mountain was very far from the small chiliocosm where the witch tribe was hiding, but their cultivation was high, and before long, they had arrived at that small mountain.

In Di Jiufeng’s memories, this mountain was very barren. She never expected that this time, she would arrive to see slopes covered with golden honeysuckle.

A light and familiar fragrance hovered before her nose, wisp after wisp digging deep into her chest, allowing her high-suspended heart to come back down to earth. She was a bit moved, and she took Ning Guang’s hand and ran up the slopes.

There was only the sound of wind blowing through leaves on this quiet mountain, but as they approached the peak, she heard a familiar voice carried on the wind.

She heard Qing Yu explode and yell in a haughty voice, “Ugly thing, get away from me!”

The System laughed bashfully and said in a lovesick voice, “Then, then I’ll change back to my original form, I’ll turn a bit smaller, then little jiejie won’t be able to see me.”

Qing Yu let out a terrified scream and stopped it in a panic. “No no no, don’t change back to your original form!” It’s too ugly! I can’t bear to look!

The System began to giggle, bashfully intertwining its fingers. “Ah, so little jiejie likes me so much.”

Qing Yu whined and closed her eyes, never before having felt the despair of living so strongly as she did in that moment.

It was a different voice, not the same as the System’s mechanical voice, but it didn’t matter, because this lovesick and wretched tone identified it at once.

Di Jiufeng listened for a bit and suddenly stopped, pulling Ning Guang back down the mountain.

The dust had finally settled, and all the people she cared about had achieved their happy endings. She didn’t need to see any more. Just listening to their vigorous voices, she knew that they were living very well.

Di Jiufeng let go of her concerns, and looked at Ning Guang, who was obediently staying by her side, not asking a single question. She turned and hugged her waist. “Let’s go home. From now on, I’ll stay with you forever, I won’t run around again.”

Author notes:

The wedding festivities are coming up next, ah, my face is going red, hahahahahahahahaha, I’m shy o(*////▽////*)q
Thank you all for staying with me for so long, I’ve turned from a unqualified little soy sauce to a big soy sauce a size larger, I know there’s many places where I’m lacking, but you all still stayed with me so long, aaaaaa, I will do my best, xoxoxo~