82

Chapter 82: Rebirth
It was not far to the Chi You shrine, and they arrived after about an incense stick’s time. When they stepped out of the carriages, Ning Guang seemed to have sensed something, and looked at the carriage behind them.

Her brows were creased in a confused expression.

Seeing her expression, Di Jiufeng asked, “What is it? Is there something wrong with Lin Yunyou?”

Ning Guang shook her head. “I don’t know, I just sensed two identical soul waves, but they disappeared very quickly, I might be mistaken. After all, how could there be two identical souls?”

After being splattered with PDA, Qing Yu had finally calmed herself and stepped out of the carriage, only to hear this conversation. The corner of her mouth twitched with a hint of challenge. “Who said there aren’t? The yao race’s twin lotuses are identical souls. They have different spiritual senses, but their souls are the same. Come to speak of it, they can’t count as two separate people, but simply a split soul.”

“Yes yes yes, you’re correct, but that’s the yao race, this is the demon race!”

Ning Guang had no desire to blather with her, but Di Jiufeng was not willing to let it go. She raised her chin, trying to meet her eyes at the same level. “The demon race cultivates the body and not the soul. Other than Chi You’s line, demons rarely investigate the soul. This was what Lin Hao said, you must also have heard.”

Qing Yu nodded, and did not refute her. “Yes, so it can only mean that your Ning Guang is stupid. She thought she sensed two identical demon souls? Actually, she wasn’t stupid before, it was all because she became your disciple!”

“Is it not good to be my disciple?” Di Jiufeng was about to explode. She pointed at her own face and said, “How am I stupid, why don’t you tell me?!”

Before Qing Yu could speak, Ning Guang pulled Di Jiufeng behind her. “Why fight with a single person like her? She’s smart, but no matter how smart she is, she can only live by herself, be good.” She stroked Di Jiufeng’s hair, then turned to look at Qing Yu. “I just said there were two identical souls, I never said they were demonic souls.”

“If not a demonic soul, what could it have been? This is the demon realm.” Qing Yu was used to taking advantage of weakness and fearing strength, and once Ning Guang started to ridicule her, she could only silently hold it in.

Ning Guang: “It was a witch soul.”

“That’s not possible!” Qing Yu stared. “The witch race went extinct long ago, how could there still be survivors?!”

“So I don’t know either, but my ghostly cultivation would not trick me.” Ning Guang did not argue further. Seeing Lin Yunyou lift the curtain, she turned and took hold of Di Jiufeng’s hand. Perhaps unintentionally, or otherwise, Lin Yunyou lifted her cultain high, showing everything inside the carriage. Other than her, there was no second person inside.

Ning Guang would not suspect her own ghostly cultivation, but she wouldn’t believe that a person could disappear into thin air. She looked unblinkingly at Lin Yunyou, and was soon discovered by her.