64

Chapter 64: Impossible to Unravel
This shade was the soul Ning Guang and Di Jiufeng had seen outside the city gates. At that time, his body was transparent, as if his soul was just about to scatter, but now, after these short few hours, he had not only recovered the energy his soul had lost, his body had even become much more solid.

The source of a soul’s energy was ghostly energy. Other than the ancient witch, who could absorb endless amounts of ghostly energy, other ghostly cultivators could only cultivate by finding a haunted domain. Ning Guang had already investigated as soon as they stepped foot into the demon realm–though this place was large, there was not a single haunted domain for hundreds of miles around. Then, how had this soul cultivated?

And, the more shocking thing was, the ghostly energy in this soul held traces of the ancient witch’s aura!

He must not have known anything, to be willing to wander the demon realm so flagrantly carrying the ancient witch’s aura. The ancient witch was the thorn in everyone’s side. Though the demonic race did not discriminate against ghostly cultivators, if this ghostly cultivator was the ancient witch, that was a whole other matter. They would likely gather the entire race’s power to annihilate her, putting aside past grudges to cooperate with cultivators was not even out of the question.

Knowing this, even someone as fearless as Ning Guang had hidden the ancient witch’s aura securely. But this soul actually dared to release it out in the open. He didn’t look like a person with any strong support, so there was only one possibility: he had accidentally come in contact with the source of the ancient witch’s power.

Qing Yu was going to leave, but seeing this, she slowed to a stop. She turned back to look at Ning Guang, accidentally meeting her eyes.

Ning Guang nodded at her. Understanding her intent, Qing Yu walked to the soul’s side. “You want me to save her? But she doesn’t want to live. If I save her, it does nothing but give her another chance to seek death, why should I undertake this sort of useless task? I only save people who want to save themselves. I don’t have the time to waste on people like her, who don’t understand the value of life.”

Hearing her words, the soul hurriedly climbed up from the ground, flailing its arms and legs. It accidentally stepped on its own hem and fell into a stumble.

A grey pearl was tossed out from its lapel.

The soul was in a miserable state, but it did not care. It did not even neaten its messy hair before striding up in large steps and giving Qing Yu a deep bow. “Honorable mystic doctor, as long as you save A-Qiao’s life, I will toil for you my entire life in repayment, I…”

“Lin-ge, don’t beg her, hurry and go, my daddy is just outside. If he sees you, you may not even be able to survive as a soul. I don’t have long to live. I might as well die, that way, that way I can be with you.” Her beloved had suddenly appeared, and the young mistress felt both shock and joy, unable to catch her breath.

She had been in a half-conscious state, but now she was slowly starting to wake.

She didn’t even put on her shoes before she jumped down from the bed and half-ran, half-crawled towards her beloved.