62

Chapter 62: Assistant
Neither Di Jiufeng nor Ning Guang understood medicine, but in order to get into the city lord’s residence, they could only brace themselves and sign up for the competition. Di Jiufeng had never wished for the mystic doctor Qing Yu to be at her side more than she did in this moment. If she was here, they wouldn’t be in such a dilemma.

Di Jiufeng pursed her lips, tugged on Ning Guang’s arm, and said, “If only Qing Yu was here. She’s an expert doctor, winning this competition would be a breeze.”

Ning Guang was about to respond when she heard a voice from behind them.

“Now you finally think of me? Weren’t you so eager to ditch me to be alone in your couple’s paradise earlier?”

Speaking of the devil, just when they were thinking about Qing Yu, she had actually appeared right before their eyes. Ever since she had turned into a woman that day, Qing Yu had never changed back. Her features were similar to before, but some of her angles had been ground smooth to create a more gentle look.

Seeing Di Jiufeng and Ning Guang, Qing Yu sarcastically raised an eyebrow. She pretended to be angry, but the hand hanging by her side quickly stole over the writing brush on the table.

Qing Yu first wrote her own name on the signup book, then blotted out Di Jiufeng and Ning Guang’s names.

Because she had not been a woman for long, her actions still held a masculine affect, giving her a kind of unique charm.

Its beloved had arrived, so the System immediately awoke from playing dead. It transformed into a bright yellow honeysuckle flower and, waving its petals, threw itself at its beloved’s neck. Its whole body was emitting red hearts, there was even drool dripping from the place that must have been its mouth. Qing Yu gave it a disgusted look, and casually raised up the signup book.

The System crashed into the sheet of paper and Qing Yu nimbly closed it inside the book as a bookmark.

Di Jiufeng watched, but did not go to save it. She only beamed at Qing Yu and said, “How could we abandon you? I was going to say that as soon as we left the demon realm, we would go to Gui Hun Island to look for you, I never thought you would find us first. Qing Yu, your abilities are quite remarkable, you could even enter the demon realm.”

But Qing Yu shook her head. The smile had fallen off her face. Her lips drew into a straight line, and her eyebrows were also twisted tightly together. “I don’t have such remarkable abilities. This, I was just about to tell you. I keep thinking that this is not some coincidence, but that there is someone helping you from the shadows.”

Qing Yu gathered her words, about to explain everything in detail to Di Jiufeng, when the sound of drums came from the stage.

“Everyone who wrote down your names, please come onstage, the competition is about to begin. Please make your preparations.”

The competition began every day in the early afternoon. Qing Yu had arrived just on time. If she had been a quarter of an hour later, she would have missed today’s competition. It shouldn’t have been a big deal, she would just have had to wait until tomorrow, but suddenly, there was news from the residence. The eldest young mistress had coughed up blood again, the illness was penetrating deep into her organs. She might not be able to make it through the night!