55

Chapter 55: Strange
After entering Shen City, Di Jiufeng tried to call the System again. This time, before a couple of seconds had passed, the System’s flustered voice sounded from the computer chip. “Honorable host, honorable host, how did you suddenly appear at the lost treasure lands? My little jiejie is still waiting at Gui Hun island.”

As it spoke, it fumbled through its computer chip and pulled out an emerald-green willow branch. “Honorable host, you disappeared all at once, and I was brought back with you. Luckily, my little jiejie has quick hands, and she gave the Bone-Casting Branch to me. She said you can eat the Bone-Casting Branch directly, it does not need any adjuvant.”

Di Jiufeng took the branch from the System space, playing with it in her hands.

“When you left the cave, were you on Gui Hun island?”

The System nodded its nonexistent head and spilled, “Yes, but the island was very safe, there weren’t any fiends or beasts, we found the Bone-Casting Branch very easily. We were going to return to find you, honorable host, but for some reason, you suddenly appeared at the lost treasure lands. I cannot be too far from you, so I was pulled along as well.

Honorable host, honorable host, is this an act of the Heavenly Way? Today is the day the lost treasure lands open, if we did not come, we would not be able to get in. Did the Heavenly Way send us here so a main plotline mission could begin?”

“Perhaps. What you said does make sense.”

Di Jiufeng could not think of a more fitting explanation for the time being. But she still felt that something was not quite right. She was missing something, something she should have known, something method of detecting her movements.

She pondered it strenuously for a while, but couldn’t quite catch the thread of that thought. She could only keep flying Shen City through the white fog.

When they neared the source of the sound, Di Jiufeng discovered that although only ten people could enter the lost treasure lands, the roiling crowd nearly flooded this wide area of land.

With a rough sweep of her gaze, Di Jiufeng discovered that most of these people could be divided into two groups: the left side was headed by Han Hai Pavilion, the right side by the Ji family. But this time, the Ji family head had not come. He had only sent a family attendant. Compared to Ming Cang, his grandeur was more than a few steps lower.

“Hey, old pal, why is Ji Xian-xiong not here today?” Seeing that family attendant, Ming Cang laughingly walked up to greet him.

His face full of wrinkles drooped down from above, his chin slightly lifted into an arrogant angle. “I heard that Ji little girl ran off again? Ai, I’ve told Ji Xian-xiong, you can’t spoil daughters too much, now see, she won’t even come home.”

“Don’t remind me, don’t remind me, the old master is furious over this exact thing!” The Ji family attendant shook his head and sighed, “That little ancestor, she doesn’t come home and she doesn’t reply to the old master’s summons, if her soul lamp wasn’t still lit, the old master would be going insane. This little ancestor, really… really…” He twisted his face in a tortured expression, his round head shaking like a drum.