After a glance, she looked back, softly pinching Di Jiufeng’s earlobe. “A-Feng, you want to do needlework?”

“What about it? Do you have any objections?” Di Jiufeng asked, all the thorns on her body raised. “Don’t say a word, I don’t want to hear it.” She shoved Ning Guang, then ran off towards the city lord’s estate following in the eldest young mistress’s footsteps.

Ning Guang chased after her and put an arm around her shoulders. She continued to herself, “I just pity your needle a bit, it must not have done anything so clumsy in its entire existence.”

Di Jiufeng felt that there was no way to continue this conversation, no way to continue this relationship. She humphed coldly, and ignored Ning Guang all evening.

The next morning, she gathered her things and went to find the eldest young mistress.

Usually, Ning Guang would follow wherever Di Jiufeng went, today was no exception. But the first time she picked up the needle and pricked her finger, Ning Guang not only didn’t comfort her, she even laughed in her face. Di Jiufeng puffed up and spat indignantly, chasing her out of the room with fists and teeth.

“A-Feng, I don’t need this, don’t trouble the young mistress.” Ning Guang pinched her fingers and stroked them lightly.

Di Jiufeng was currently in a temper, and she pulled out a nonexistent meaning from those words. She ground her teeth and yanked her fingers from Ning Guang’s grip. “Let me ask you a question, is she prettier than me?!”

“What?” Ning Guang was caught unawares for once, she didn’t really understand what Di Jiufeng was implying. But before she could reply, Di Jiufeng spat at her.

“Pah, I know you think she’s pretty! No wonder you seem to enjoy angering me more and more lately!”

Di Jiufeng started to throw a tantrum for no reason, even she was afraid. Ning Guang stood there for a while, with mixed feelings, but before she could reach out, Di Jiufeng had already turned around. Ning Guang was afraid she would run and hurriedly reached out to catch her by the shoulder. “A-Feng, I…” She mumbled for a while, unsure what she wanted to bluster out.

Di Jiufeng waited for a while, but unable to hear the words she wanted to hear, she turned and glared at her fiercely!

“You what? Don’t you know you should praise me right now?!”

“En, I know, but this can’t count as praise, because you were prettier than her in the first place. She can’t compare to you.”

“Really?” Di Jiufeng knew she shouldn’t be smiling, but the corners of her mouth kept tilting up, she couldn’t control it. She tilted her head all the way up, getting on her tiptoes to kiss Ning Guang’s chin.

Di Jiufeng was going to say she would magnanimously forgive her mistake, when she heard Ning Guang continue, “But, don’t trouble yourself, needlework hurts the eyes and the nerves. If you have the time, why not go out for a stroll?”