“Soul-Finding Array?” Ning Guang furrowed her brow.

She had read about this array in a book of essays about talismans and arrays. A forbidden array of the demonic path, it had already been lost for a long time, even the books only had a brief mention of it. Supposedly, this array, relying on the principle that all the myriad things had souls, would bind the soul of the caster and the object of their search, and use this to take them to where they wanted to go.

Ning Guang had heard of this array, but because it was a forbidden array, other than Hui Kong, who had cast this array two hundred years ago, even the method of setting it had been lost.

She did not know why Di Jiufeng had brought this up. “I have heard of it, but the people who know this array have probably all died out.”

Di Jiufeng blinked playfully and said, “What do you mean died out? There’s one right before your eyes.”

Though she was grinning and looked very unserious, Ning Guang knew that she was not lying. Taking Di Jiufeng’s hand, she narrowed her eyes. There was no suspicion in her dark pupils, just an unconcealable worry. “How would you know this array? Not only is it a forbidden array, it’s a demonic array!”

Di Jiufeng smiled and hid behind a lighthearted tone. “I don’t know, but when she transferred her cultivation to me, I remembered this array.”

Di Jiufeng used the word ‘remembered’, not ‘suddenly learned’. This meant that this array was something that had been buried in her memories since long ago.

She had learned this array, but who had taught her? She had been in Zhangjian Sect since youth, how could she have met a demon, and one who knew this sort of forbidden array? Ning Guang couldn’t think of an explanation, she almost told herself it was bestowed by the heavens. But this had to do with Di Jiufeng’s past, she didn’t want to use this sort of preposterous reasoning to gloss over it.

“A-Feng, you said you remembered it. Doesn’t that mean someone taught you this array? Who was it, can you remember?”

Di Jiufeng did not try to hide it from her. She pursed her lips and laughed bitterly, confusion rising in the space between her brows. “I don’t know, but when I remembered this array, some scenes flashed across my mind. It was a man, he taught me the basics of casting arrays, then told me not to be impatient, of course I would learn everything in time…”

Di Jiufeng paused, then looked up at Ning Guang. She seemed to be considering something, and it was a while before she said, “In these memories, I, I think I called him daddy.”

Calling someone daddy was a very unfamiliar thing to Di Jiufeng and to Ning Guang, but unfamiliar didn’t mean that it had never happened.

Di Jiufeng sighed, shook her head, and said, “Forget it, what I can remember is only this bit, I can’t remember anything more. I’ll remember when I should, let’s go collect the materials to cast the array before it’s too late.”

Ning Guang stopped her and said, “Don’t worry, we can just go to the city lord. Write a list of the more difficult-to-find materials and some useless rare objects mixed together and give it to Qing Yu, have her find the city lord. The rest we can find ourselves, it will keep us from being found out.”